Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Current toddler/baby playgroups

Current toddler/baby playgroups

Old Jan 18th 2010, 12:35 am
Just Joined

bakergirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Current toddler/baby playgroups

Hi, All -
We're Barbados-bound in about 14 hours! We'll be settling in for at least a few years and we're looking forward to making some connections soon after arriving. I have a 3 year old and 1 year old and they'd love to meet some other kids (and I'd love to meet some moms!).

I know there have been lots of posts about playgroups, but I'm wondering if anyone knows which ones are currently meeting or contact info for them? We'll be living in St Philip.

Cheers!
Bakergirl
Old Jan 18th 2010, 6:11 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Current toddler/baby playgroups

Contact Ros Griffiths at the British High Commission (Community Liasion Officer) and she should be able to fill you in on at least the British mom's toddler group. However, if you are coming from the US, the US Embassy may or may not have that kind of information for you.. (the CLO over there changes ever 2 or 3 years, but should still have updated info).

There are some moms on this board who have younger children (mine are 7 3/4, 12 1/4, and 13 3/4, so I'm not much help). I'm sure they will be responding soon with info.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

bakergirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sunniebgi
Contact Ros Griffiths at the British High Commission (Community Liasion Officer) and she should be able to fill you in on at least the British mom's toddler group. However, if you are coming from the US, the US Embassy may or may not have that kind of information for you.. (the CLO over there changes ever 2 or 3 years, but should still have updated info).

There are some moms on this board who have younger children (mine are 7 3/4, 12 1/4, and 13 3/4, so I'm not much help). I'm sure they will be responding soon with info.
Thanks so much. We've been here 4 days now and starting to feel a bit more comfortable with things. I am looking forward to meeting some folks, so I appreciate the response! Take care.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

There is a South Coast toddler group that meet on Tuesdays I believe, I am not sure of the contact details but if you email [email protected] then they should be able to point you in the right direction