Coming Your Way

Old Apr 4th 2010, 4:15 am
Just Joined

chapfam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Coming Your Way

It looks like we might be on our way to Barbados to live for a few years (as an expat) but have no experience with the island. Specifically we wanted to start looking at places were we might live (long term rental) and hoped to get some suggestions. We're a "mid-life" couple, like to get out (walk, ride bikes, swim, etc.), a close pub is a must, prefer a house (although we've been living in a flat for the last 3 years), and would like a community where folks like to get together on the weekends for a bbq and some beers. I'll be working in Bridgetown. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 3:33 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coming Your Way

Barbados dont do pubs its bars and rum shops the local beverage is Banks Beer and Mount gay rum - cant help with your location but im sure others will and i suspect you will be recommended the west coast

I would not recommend you come to Barbados expecting life to be as it is in the UK cos most of us went there cos it was not like the UK!
Old Apr 6th 2010, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

chapfam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Coming Your Way

Thanks Serendipidy, I appreciate your feedback. I'm actually moving from Russia so it's definitely the UK, and that's one of the reasons why I was interested in this assignment. Beer and rum will do us just fine, so it sounds like we'll fit right in. Warm weather here we come.