christmas bonus

Old Dec 15th 2009, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

manuc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default christmas bonus

good day everyone,
In Barbados as with most places i assume it would be a tradition to give a christmas bonus. What is a good bonus to give to say the lady who comes in for cleaning, etc.

thanks in advance
Old Dec 15th 2009, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

grassisgreener is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: christmas bonus

We're giving our lady a day's pay and a bit more because she also babysits for us.

Do you give dustbin men xmas bonuses here like you do in the UK?
Old Dec 15th 2009, 5:17 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grassisgreener
We're giving our lady a day's pay and a bit more because she also babysits for us.

Do you give dustbin men xmas bonuses here like you do in the UK?
I think we also give a days pay or possibly more.. our housekeeper has been with us for 11 years.. sooo..

Be very careful about the garbage collection guys. Someone may come round saying they are there collecing for the Garbage men.. DON'T GIVE THEM ANYTHING. (common sense but..). that goes for anyone else who says so.. Wait for the truck and give it to the guys on the truck.. also I've left things in my mail box for the postman, but have had Ant and other issues.. so.. our should expect much from us.. as I just never leave anything really.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

manuc is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks everyone - will keep this in mind
Old Dec 17th 2009, 2:53 pm
Banned

neal brown is an unknown quantity at this point

You can give her $500USD bonus, that will be something well done
$450USD for the dust bin man
$300USD for the gardener
Make sure and include a food hamper.
Sounds like a good boss to ask this question,wish we had more people like you,Merry Christmas.
By the way those numbers i have quoted is just below what i give out at christmas,remember we are catering
mainly for big shots on the island,so show your true colours (little Monoco)

Last edited by neal brown; Dec 17th 2009 at 2:58 pm.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

sevendayweekend is an unknown quantity at this point

We only gave our cleaner 1 extra days pay... Reading this I now feel a little cheap, although we did get her nice Xmas gift.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 2:13 pm
Banned

you dont have to feel cheap, at least you are giving something.Something is better than nothing,but remember next time Christmas only comes once a year so next Christmas give something more like what i mention above.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 5:26 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

I think your taking the proverbial neal if u telling people to give the garbage men $900BDS!!!!! what are they removing for you - dead bodies??
Old Dec 29th 2009, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

grassisgreener is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Serendipidy
I think your taking the proverbial neal if u telling people to give the garbage men $900BDS!!!!! what are they removing for you - dead bodies??
LOL!!
Old Dec 29th 2009, 6:16 pm
Banned

$900 dollars is nothing, some people blow $50,000 USD on poker in Las Vegas in one round,if some people believe that our government should only cater for the rich and famous,and not for the ordinary working class tourist,then why not,put something good in the poor mans hat.Katie Perry got over $150,000USD in gifts for hosting the music awards plus payment,Tiger Woods earn over $20,000 000 USD a year for wearing a cap with a NIKE sign on it,with so many multi billionaire British expats on this forum like the lady with the 2 beach houses why not!!
Old Dec 29th 2009, 6:21 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neal brown
$900 dollars is nothing, some people blow $50,000 USD on poker in Las Vegas in one round,if some people believe that our government should only cater for the rich and famous,and not for the ordinary working class tourist,then why not,put something good in the poor mans hat.Katie Perry got over $150,000USD in gifts for hosting the music awards plus payment,Tiger Woods earn over $20,000 000 USD a year for wearing a cap with a NIKE sign on it,with so many multi billionaire British expats on this forum like the lady with the 2 beach houses why not!!

Can I come and work for you
(You're not a dustman are you)
Old Dec 29th 2009, 6:27 pm
Banned

No son, when i grow up i want to be just like you
I may consider offering you a job after the great depression
Old Dec 29th 2009, 8:11 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neal brown
No son, when i grow up i want to be just like you
I may consider offering you a job after the great depression
I am thrilled.
As part of my package I require membership of the local golf club and unlimited use of your luxury yacht

You are aware this constitutes a written contract aren't you!
Old Dec 30th 2009, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

karibspices is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually like Neal's train of thought in this thread.... as odd as it may sound to give out a $900 BDS bonus, it's not that nonsensical when you consider what people are willing to spend in Barbados based on the value attributed.

Value the service people too. I like that.
Old Dec 30th 2009, 5:08 pm
Banned

Thank you Karibspice