buying / renting a boat

Old Nov 16th 2009, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

BeachZombie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default buying / renting a boat

Hi There,

Wondering if someone can give me some information about renting or buying a small boat:

- Do you know where I can potentially buy a really small 2-3 person boat? I just want something that will take me a few hundred yards off shore for some bottom fishing. If not, do you know someone that has one and would be willing to take me out? I wouldn’t mind paying, as long as it’s not expensive like the deep sea fishing excursions.

- Someone mentioned that there are a few places on the island where people will build a little boat for you and it’s cheap…approx bbd$500!? Heard of anyone?

Thank you!
BeachZombie
Old Nov 16th 2009, 7:09 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: buying / renting a boat

There is a company called A and T Marine Ltd .. I only know of them because they built a 14ft fiberglass boat for our school anniversary raffle a few years ago (or they had it and wanted to get rid of it so they put it into our raffle). I have no idea how to get in touch with them or how much this particular craft cost to build.. sorry.... give them a call and check it out.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

bamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: buying / renting a boat

Check the yellow pages, there are a number of listings boat/builders/dealers/ management/yards and rental & charter.

Surely one of thes people should be able to help you or refer you to a next adress.

http://barbadosyp.com/

http://www.informationpages.com/sys/...at&pa=Barbados

You can also go to Oistins and ask around the fish market, I knew of two boatbuilders in the Silvers Sands area, but can't remember for the world what their names are, if they still there.

$ 500.00 doesn't seem a realistic price though 500 grand maybe.

But good luck anyhow
Old Nov 17th 2009, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

expat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really nice
Default Re: buying / renting a boat

I would pop down to the boat yard at Oistins, turn off main road as if going into fish market, but then take a right opposite the gate to the fish market. There are usually a few guys working on boats up on stands there - i'm sure someone would be able to point you in the right direction.