Brits in Bim

Old Feb 19th 2017, 9:49 am
Just Joined

Ava V is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brits in Bim

Are there any mags/websites/radio stations that are especially popular with British expats in Barbados?
Old Feb 20th 2017, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Happyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brits in Bim

Well, personally I listen to 98.1 FM , read the Nation, Barbados Today ( online news ) and grab the odd mag from a visitor from the UK if I feel the need. As for websites, I read this one , the Barbados Trip Adviser forum and one or two others.

Mainly, I try my best to integrate and learn about the Island I am lucky enough to live in
Old Feb 20th 2017, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your response. And yes you are very lucky. I am going to make the move myself in the next couple of years or at least spend half the year there. Just applying for citizenship. I feel so at peace when I am there. Want my daughter to spend a lot of time there too.
Old Feb 20th 2017, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Happyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond repute

Well I hope your application is successful and that your move here will go smoothly. I'm sure you will love being here as I do.
Living here has it's frustrations, but every time I feel I am about to complain about something, ie waiting for T V men/ Internet menders, Carpenters etc, etc, to turn up, I remind myself how much worse these services can be and usually are, in the UK . Always remember "Bajan time" ------------- it exists, and once you relax and accept it, you will be fine.
Old Feb 20th 2017, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Well I am applying for citizenship by descent so no idea how long it will take. Yes it is very frustrating. I am setting up something there now (I dare not mention what it is in case this thread gets deleted!) and the lack of/slow response is truly infuriating. You try to save money by emailing and then you have to telephone anyway and find out they received the email. Funnily enough though, there is no 'Bajan Time' when people want money from me.

How strange!
Old Feb 20th 2017, 8:46 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

by descent doesn't take too long as long as your documents are all in order. my husbands brothers and sisters who moved away from Barbados years ago, applied for their children and to my knowledge the timing was pretty quick.. now quick might not be tomorrow.. 6 months a year.. but not 3 or 4 years like others.. good luck with everyone..

been here 24 years.. and still can't get used to Bajan time.. doing an event in a few weeks and have little to know response from e-mails sent to people. you wonder if they really want your business..
Old Feb 20th 2017, 9:24 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Ava V
I am setting up something there now (I dare not mention what it is in case this thread gets deleted!)
Quite so. As per our conversation. BE site rules apply to all.

If you have a website, then you may link to that in your BE signature.

If you are unsure how, I am happy to help.

To further help. I rather think the OP's opening posts is about places where she/he would be able to buy advertising space.

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 20th 2017 at 9:27 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

Not received an answer to my email asking for clarification as there are a couple of threads I have seen that I would expect to have been deleted so it remains unclear.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

Sunniebgi....yes that is how I feel. You have to wonder if they want your business or not! 6 months to a year??? Should have applied sooner really.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 12:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Not received an answer to my email asking for clarification as there are a couple of threads I have seen that I would expect to have been deleted so it remains unclear.
BEVS is in NZ, so give her time to allow for different timezones, etc.

Rule 9 is pretty simple tbh, you just can't put any link to your own site (or blog, Facebook group etc) in your posts, or any kind of advertising/promotional message at all, so hopefully easy enough to adhere to. But if you've seen a thread that you think should have been deleted, then we've probably just not seen it ourselves - you can hit the 'report' button if you feel it breaks site rules and we'll take a look. We are all volunteers and don't look at every thread, so we do rely on site members to help us out and give us a heads up on any rule breaking in case we don't see it.

HTH.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 21st 2017 at 12:50 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

As I said, I've already queried these things. Anyway, I am far too busy to try and work it all out! Have a lovely day.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 7:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

As I said, I've already queried these things. Anyway, I am far too busy to try and work it all out! Have a lovely day.
Yep, we're busy too - that's why I pointed out that mods are all volunteers, hence you may not get instant answers.

There's really not much to figure out though, just don't mention your business at all in your posts, and all will be good.

HTH.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 8:27 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You received a response to your email, regarding advertising, 2 full days ago in which I explained what is/is not OK per the BE site rules. As per Oompa's post, if you see any post/thread throughout BE that does not meet the site rules then please do report using the report tab. Thanks.

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 21st 2017 at 8:30 pm.
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 1:51 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Ava.. when I arrived, having married a Bajan, it took about a month to get my citizenship.. that was 25 years ago.. today, as per the law/constitution, a foreign women or man, married to a Barbadian Man or Woman, is entitled to citizenship.. however.. like in many countries.. that process now takes time.. 2 years, 4 years, or more.. Not sure what they do.. except .. make sure the couple stays together.. instead of quicky marriages for the right of citizenship. .. by decent.. meaning your mother or father or both are born Barbadians.. but I guess it's still not instant.. they have to make sure of all of it.

and re businesses.. I do often wonder.... but .. government is almost always slow.. and those that want your business will answer....

and re the rules of this group, or any message board.. the simply have rules that need to be followed or all hell breaks lose.. trust me.. I voluntarily admin a 14,000 person buy sell group.. it's never easy.. regardless...
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 11:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yep, we're busy too - that's why I pointed out that mods are all volunteers, hence you may not get instant answers.

There's really not much to figure out though, just don't mention your business at all in your posts, and all will be good.

HTH.
I got that. Not really sure why you are making an issue out of this. Not interested in arguing with you. I am just having a lovely, positive conversation with the people that responded to my post.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.