Barbados Police?

Old Apr 29th 2009, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Caymanite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Barbados Police?

Hi,

I guess we have given it up as a pipe dream, we have a dog - & to take the dog to Barbados means we have to first take her to the UK for 6 months.
Also, the change in lifestyle means it would just not be worth it to us. We both work here & do enjoy a great lifestyle, if we went to Barbados - it would no doubt be on one wage, & a not very good one at that.

Staying in Cayman for now! No rollover......was just interested, but I don't think it could work out.

We will just have to come visit as tourists soon & get our fix of Barbados that way

All the best.
Old May 12th 2009, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

Brunettebunny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Caymanite
Hi All,

What is the general feeling about Barbados police? My better half is thinking to apply as a police constable but we have read some dodgy posts on other sites.......does anyone know what the starting salary is like? He has two years experience from the UK....does this make a difference? Would I be allowed to look for work myself? Does anyone know if they pay any extras besides just salary? ie. housing?

Any advice would be a Godsend....

Thanks all.

Jo
Have you thought about Bermuda? We are crying out for policeman here.....5 year contracts as well.......and the money and Overtime is VERY good.
Old May 12th 2009, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Caymanite is an unknown quantity at this point

HI,

For real? We would LOVE to relocate there. We pretty much just thought it was hopeless.
Any information that you could give or advice, or someone to contact over there in the police who knows what they are talking about would be excellent. Please PM me with any details.
He actually sent an app in last year but was told that they were not recruiting from within Caribbean at that time, he tried to explain that he is British and experience was gained in the UK and not Caribbean but it seemed to fall on deaf ears
Old May 12th 2009, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Caymanite
HI,

For real? We would LOVE to relocate there. We pretty much just thought it was hopeless.
Any information that you could give or advice, or someone to contact over there in the police who knows what they are talking about would be excellent. Please PM me with any details.
He actually sent an app in last year but was told that they were not recruiting from within Caribbean at that time, he tried to explain that he is British and experience was gained in the UK and not Caribbean but it seemed to fall on deaf ears
Hey, I am a bit busy right now, but I will speak to a few of the guys I know here, and let you know what is what. That is ROT that they are not recruiting from the Caribbean, we had 10 guys down from BIM recently and 5 from JA.
I will PM you in the next day or so - one of my friends is senior in CID.
Thanks!
Old May 28th 2009, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there, sorry there has been a hold up getting you this info. I was in Barbados for 10 days and came back to the island and 6 people have been shot in drive by's. I have sent an email asking my friend for info, but due to the shootings, it may be another couple of days before I get back to you. I am a woman of my word, so just hang tight!

Originally Posted by Brunettebunny
Hey, I am a bit busy right now, but I will speak to a few of the guys I know here, and let you know what is what. That is ROT that they are not recruiting from the Caribbean, we had 10 guys down from BIM recently and 5 from JA.
I will PM you in the next day or so - one of my friends is senior in CID.
Thanks!