Barbados Jobs

Old Dec 3rd 2003, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

Nickerbockerglo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Barbados Jobs

Hi,

I'm from the UK and currently thinking of moving to Barbados. My boyf is applying for a construction job over there with a British company and I want to go too.

Does anyone have any handy hints on how to get a job or work permit in Barbados?

Many thanks x
Old Dec 18th 2003, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

TERRYBENT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Barbados Jobs

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but unless you have a qualification in a job they need filled by an outsider, only the prospective employer can get you the permit, and only if a local is not qualified to do the job, will you get a work permit. i have been trying for 3 years to get a permit to become self employed. The only way is to get residency, but you can never work and have to prove you will not become a burden on the state, i.e. have us$2.5 million to bank!
Originally posted by Nickerbockerglo
Hi,

I'm from the UK and currently thinking of moving to Barbados. My boyf is applying for a construction job over there with a British company and I want to go too.

Does anyone have any handy hints on how to get a job or work permit in Barbados?

Many thanks x