Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Bajan in USA seeks friends.........

Bajan in USA seeks friends.........

Old Jul 10th 2009, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

bajancherry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bajan in USA seeks friends.........

Hi, I stumbled across this site a few months ago and have been browsing the threads for a while. Very interesting I must say. However, I am looking to meet friends here, since I too have lived abroad in the USA for about 19yrs, and will be relocating back home soon.

I am Barbadian by birth, female, 40, loves travelling and meeting other folks. I too am anticipating going home. I visit very often sometimes twice a year and cant get enough of my home. I am single and looking to meet other mature adults. I am very knowledgeable about Barbados and may be also able to help with various topics...........please feel free to drop a line.............
Old Jul 10th 2009, 9:10 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bajan in USA seeks friends.........

Hi Cherry welcome to the site

Look forward to chatting with you more - I am living in Barbados currently (subject to Immigriation deportation lol- actually i aint joking and it aint funny but its a stress release)

I back in the UK for health issues at end of month but look forward to your input and maybe catching up with you once immigration get they finger out

Dips
Old Jul 11th 2009, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your welcome here, sorry to hear about your deportation issues, what happened? Barbados is indeed a great place to live, I was there in April and will be back in December, would have been there sooner for the crop over events but was unable to. This site is great and informative. I know a great Attorney there? Have deportation procedures already begun for your case. Is this definite? maybe my friend can help.

The last time I was there I met a lady from Britain who was having a real tough time with the Immigration and I reccommended her and her kids to him, the last I heard, she is still there and seem to be doing ok..........Let me know how I can help.

Cherry...........
Old Jul 13th 2009, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

karibspices is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Bajancherry (love the name by the way)

I'm about 11 years your junior and a Bajan-American who has been to Barbados throughout my life and plan to "go home" permanently late next year myself. I, too, am usually home about twice a year... had a great Xmas last yr, will be jumping up on Kadooment Day [GOD spare] this yr and might drop in for a week in December for a cousin's wedding.

Serendipity, I hope things go well. I'm having my own troubles due to a minor change in the spelling of my middle name. But they refuse to give me an update until the 6-month window has come. So I expect the spend a portion of my Crop Over time in Immigration
Old Jul 13th 2009, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

Hi Thanks for the buzz, sorry to hear about your immigration issues, dont worry too much about that, birth certificate errors and mispelt names are very common issues, that are seen everyday. My mom has some land issues that are being delayed as a result of the spelling of her mom who resides in Britain name. You are already bajan due to your bloodline so they cant deny that..............dont spend the whole crop over season worrying about this. When are you going down??

I too am planning to go around early December til sometime in January.

Chat later
Cherry.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

karibspices is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey BC,

I'm definitely not stressing it as it has been a 2 yr process. Just taking it in stride and figure it will work itself out.

I reach 29 July for 1 week only due to work. Immigration is only getting 1 or 2 mornings of my time. Besides that it's fête fête fête!