Advice for Barbados

Old Apr 23rd 2008, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

Matt1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice for Barbados

Hi

Sorry I'm new to BritishExpats and I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand and one times ..................

My partner and myself are looking at going over to Barbados to work in about 18 months. By this time my partner will be a quaified Primary School Techer. Now me I have no qualifications but I have worked for the Police for the previous 12 years and built a wealth of experience in this time

Any advice re working visa and wether we would get work would be gratefully accepted
Old May 2nd 2008, 1:23 am
Saturday Surfer

Netsirk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice for Barbados

Originally Posted by Matt1979
Hi

Sorry I'm new to BritishExpats and I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand and one times ..................

My partner and myself are looking at going over to Barbados to work in about 18 months. By this time my partner will be a quaified Primary School Techer. Now me I have no qualifications but I have worked for the Police for the previous 12 years and built a wealth of experience in this time

Any advice re working visa and wether we would get work would be gratefully accepted
Hi there Matt,

I can't comment on whether or not you can find work here. I came here (just a few days ago!!) because my job was already here. The work permit process takes a while and I was assume that it's more difficult to secure a permit without a job. I'd look for work long before you come.

I highly recommend it tho, the people are fantastic and the weather is.... perfect
Old May 12th 2008, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

Matt1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thnaks very much for the info. Hope it all works out well for you !!!

God I'm jealous....Any chance you can get me a job !!!!!!
Old May 12th 2008, 9:32 pm
Saturday Surfer

Netsirk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Matt1979
Any chance you can get me a job !!!!!!
Hahhaa, sorry mate, there's a long line there and I think you'd have to fight my mother for top spot LOL!