We made it!

Old Sep 8th 2013, 6:33 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We made it!

Originally Posted by Lorry1
aww thanks all it's nice to be able to come on here and read everyone's updates, give hope to those still aiming to return and try to help out when possible.

I certainly have no regrets so far, I am feeling more at home then I ever have, both here and in Canada.

The ONLY downside is my 18 year old daughter not adjusting to life here. She hates me for taking her to Canada, but she had settled during the last couple of years and so now she hates me for returning here. I can only hope that a job which enables her to make a social life again will help her settle.

My youngest is excited and nervous to start school. She is looking forward to making friends but she will be very behind in the system and will have a lot of work to do. I will speak to her teacher after the first couple of days and see about getting her a tutor or extra help.

Life will work out, it always does so I just have to continue remaining positive and help us all re-build a life here.
I'll cross my fingers that a job gies your Dd a good social life like my boys have managed to find. It will make a world of difference for her.
So school on Monday? My Dd has her first day tomorrow I think 'm more nervous than she is. It doesn't help that first day is swim lessons and dressing herself in anything more than a tee shirt and some shorts is her downfall, all the clothes she needs seems to confuse her, poor love.
I'm pacing myself on delicious foods I dread gaining back all my weight and don't have the money to buy all new clothes so haven't had a custard tart as yet. But it'll be good when I have one I can tell.
Old Sep 8th 2013, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I'll cross my fingers that a job gies your Dd a good social life like my boys have managed to find. It will make a world of difference for her.
So school on Monday? My Dd has her first day tomorrow I think 'm more nervous than she is. It doesn't help that first day is swim lessons and dressing herself in anything more than a tee shirt and some shorts is her downfall, all the clothes she needs seems to confuse her, poor love.
I'm pacing myself on delicious foods I dread gaining back all my weight and don't have the money to buy all new clothes so haven't had a custard tart as yet. But it'll be good when I have one I can tell.

Hope everything goes well for you and your family, I am sure your DD will make plenty of friends at school and out of school clubs are also a good way of making friends as well. All the best
Old Sep 8th 2013, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, a great update! It gives me encouragement! I too never really felt Canada was "home" although my OH fitted in like a glove! Busy planning now to return Oct 2015 to IOW (well the plan at moment ). Listing house and business on a B&B website tomorrow for first year to see if we can sell it privately first
Old Sep 8th 2013, 4:57 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

You're back!!!???

Youngest started school on Thursday and she is settling ok. She had a bit of anxiety on Friday but I know once she makes more friends she will do well.
Good luck to your daughter I hope she enjoys her new school!

LOL you will have to get on the exercise machine like I do so I don't pile on the pounds as I eat all this yummy food.

I have just had a fab weekend and it has reinforced how much I love being home. I went shopping yesterday with one of my oldest and bestest friends and we just had a great day with a pub lunch, a pub afternoon snack and an unplanned Chinese take out back at mine in the evening with our hubbys and lots of wine and champagne
Today we had lunch with some other friends which was just lovely. (another Chinese!)

I love being home

Oh p.s.....GOOD LUCK FeelBritish!
Old Sep 8th 2013, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by feelbritish
Yes, a great update! It gives me encouragement! I too never really felt Canada was "home" although my OH fitted in like a glove! Busy planning now to return Oct 2015 to IOW (well the plan at moment ). Listing house and business on a B&B website tomorrow for first year to see if we can sell it privately first
OMG Remember when you were going to turn the lights off in Canada and I in the US? We had both said 3 years - looks like that was a year ago! We are on track for mid 2015 ourselves

Good luck selling the house and biz Will you be moving into an apartment for the rest of the time then? We plan on selling our house and biz in about a year and renting until we leave.

Were we separated at birth?
Old Sep 8th 2013, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
OMG Remember when you were going to turn the lights off in Canada and I in the US? We had both said 3 years - looks like that was a year ago! We are on track for mid 2015 ourselves

Good luck selling the house and biz Will you be moving into an apartment for the rest of the time then? We plan on selling our house and biz in about a year and renting until we leave.

Were we separated at birth?
Haha, I am amazed at how similar our circumstances are We don't hold out much hope selling quickly so hence leave it on website and I have also had a few guests who have said how they would love to retire to our island and run a bed and breakfast! I will be sending them details Also intend to print out the brochure for sale from website and leave it in the rooms so future guests might also be interested in taking on a B&B "turnkey". Yes we will rent until hubby retires in May 2015 and then we will also have the money in the bank for "savings" or I go again on my Ancestral Visa but then I have to work. We are really wanting to just enjoy life so I may just go the spouse and forget the job! We may go on a trip to California/Oregon as well before we leave (I have always wanted to see San Francisco and Redwoods) because I doubt we will be back State side again but may return on holiday to Canada although I am so leaning towards rather exploring Europe. We also plan to rent from 1st Oct 2015 (when sold house ) a vacation rental place for the winter as I have noticed a lot of them rent their places out over the winter on the IOW which will give us an idea of what it will be like and where to buy. I have already made a list of things to start getting done and yesterday picked up a lot of boxes to start packing either stuff I don't use now but want or stuff we want to sell in our garage sale in spring 2014! I am so happy now that I can be going home! Now to lose all the weight I piled on here being so unhappy!! OH has been watching "last night at proms" Rule Britannia and Elgar and says he feel amazingly patriotic all of a sudden!
Old Sep 9th 2013, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by feelbritish
Haha, I am amazed at how similar our circumstances are We don't hold out much hope selling quickly so hence leave it on website and I have also had a few guests who have said how they would love to retire to our island and run a bed and breakfast! I will be sending them details Also intend to print out the brochure for sale from website and leave it in the rooms so future guests might also be interested in taking on a B&B "turnkey". Yes we will rent until hubby retires in May 2015 and then we will also have the money in the bank for "savings" or I go again on my Ancestral Visa but then I have to work. We are really wanting to just enjoy life so I may just go the spouse and forget the job! We may go on a trip to California/Oregon as well before we leave (I have always wanted to see San Francisco and Redwoods) because I doubt we will be back State side again but may return on holiday to Canada although I am so leaning towards rather exploring Europe. We also plan to rent from 1st Oct 2015 (when sold house ) a vacation rental place for the winter as I have noticed a lot of them rent their places out over the winter on the IOW which will give us an idea of what it will be like and where to buy. I have already made a list of things to start getting done and yesterday picked up a lot of boxes to start packing either stuff I don't use now but want or stuff we want to sell in our garage sale in spring 2014! I am so happy now that I can be going home! Now to lose all the weight I piled on here being so unhappy!! OH has been watching "last night at proms" Rule Britannia and Elgar and says he feel amazingly patriotic all of a sudden!
Watched the entire Last Night at the Proms this evening, crying and singing at the end I can see why your OH was swept up in it all

We are selling a franchise business in interior landscaping. We are fortunate in that if we don't succeed in selling the entire business in a timely fashion, we can sell the individual accounts.

Already sold a lot of stuff - mostly big like our piano - but also had a couple of garage sales. The sooner you get started the better, so you are not overwhelmed with everything at once.

I think it's great that you are choosing the IOW. After a bit of fun in the city we eventually want to move to greener (and quieter) pastures. It's all very exciting
Old Sep 9th 2013, 1:11 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

You're back!!!???

Youngest started school on Thursday and she is settling ok. She had a bit of anxiety on Friday but I know once she makes more friends she will do well.
Good luck to your daughter I hope she enjoys her new school!

LOL you will have to get on the exercise machine like I do so I don't pile on the pounds as I eat all this yummy food.

I have just had a fab weekend and it has reinforced how much I love being home. I went shopping yesterday with one of my oldest and bestest friends and we just had a great day with a pub lunch, a pub afternoon snack and an unplanned Chinese take out back at mine in the evening with our hubbys and lots of wine and champagne
Today we had lunch with some other friends which was just lovely. (another Chinese!)

I love being home

First day for Dd at school today. It's also swim lesson day so I'm sure she'll have a lot to tell when she gets home.
My weekend made me realize how right it is to be here, I'm loving seeing my boys, even if it is just for a meal. I love how friendly and chatty the neighbors are. I waste so much time talking to them, no idea how I'll ever have time for a job.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 6:31 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

First day for Dd at school today. It's also swim lesson day so I'm sure she'll have a lot to tell when she gets home.
My weekend made me realize how right it is to be here, I'm loving seeing my boys, even if it is just for a meal. I love how friendly and chatty the neighbors are. I waste so much time talking to them, no idea how I'll ever have time for a job.
I know what you mean! I am looking for work but I don't know how I'm going to fit it in around my social life!
Old Sep 10th 2013, 5:21 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

I love being home

dont you mean take away...c'mon now
Old Sep 11th 2013, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Mummyinthefoothills & Lorry1

How are is it going for each of your daughters at their new schools?
Old Sep 12th 2013, 7:31 am
The Brit is back

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
dont you mean take away...c'mon now
OOPS I didn't even notice!

Originally Posted by NiHao

Hi, my youngest is settling ok. Each day she comes home and tells me about a new girl who she made friends with. She finds some of the schoolwork different and a bit challenging but with extra help she will do fine. Small steps
Old Sep 12th 2013, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Lorry1,

Glad she is doing okay so far, it takes time but if she is making friends that's a good sign.

I posted this in the "useful links" thread but as we are talking about UK schools I thought I'd mention it here too. I came across a great website that lets you map where schools are in England according to their ofsted rating.

http://www.locrating.com
Old Sep 13th 2013, 6:27 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Originally Posted by NiHao

She says she's doing great, making friends and learned a few Welsh words.
She has a birthday to go to tomorrow so must be doing OK.
Old Sep 13th 2013, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mummyinthefoothills,

That is great news!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.