Three years!

Old Aug 31st 2014, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Three years!

I still can't believe it but this time 3 yrs ago I was on a Qantas flight out to my holiday where we were all gearing up to attend our son's wedding. I've not been back! The wheels fell off the parental wagon within 4 days of us landing and one thing led to another and we stayed in UK with just what we brought in our backpacks! Interesting times and quite the best thing that has happened to me! Within a year I had shed almost half my body weight and improved my fitness beyond anyone's wildest imaginings. I won't say that caring for a bitter dementia driven mother is fun - it sucks in fact - but living where I belong, have found new friends and have so many opportunities is priceless!
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

J.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Three years!

Originally Posted by quoll
I still can't believe it but this time 3 yrs ago I was on a Qantas flight out to my holiday where we were all gearing up to attend our son's wedding. I've not been back! The wheels fell off the parental wagon within 4 days of us landing and one thing led to another and we stayed in UK with just what we brought in our backpacks! Interesting times and quite the best thing that has happened to me! Within a year I had shed almost half my body weight and improved my fitness beyond anyone's wildest imaginings. I won't say that caring for a bitter dementia driven mother is fun - it sucks in fact - but living where I belong, have found new friends and have so many opportunities is priceless!
Nice to know that all is going well with you - and you just winged it as you went along. Brilliant. Snap on the caring for mother thing.
Old Sep 4th 2014, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J.JsOH
Nice to know that all is going well with you - and you just winged it as you went along. Brilliant. Snap on the caring for mother thing.
LOL another East Anglian! Perhaps we should set up a local Demented mothers carer support group!

Looks like I'm going back to Aus in Nov - for two whole weeks! That'll be enough to see the grand kids!
Old Sep 4th 2014, 7:41 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quoll, so pleased that you are happy at home. I can't believe you have been back for 3 years. My, how time flies. Are you still knitting up a storm in your local yarn shop?
Old Sep 4th 2014, 8:20 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

WOW Quoll, 3 years! Doesn't time fly when you're having fun

Good to see you are settled back home and can look forward to a holiday/family visit back to Aus.
I am thinking I am now ready to visit Canada again but I want to see a lot more of Europe first. Maybe in a few years we will stop in Nova Scotia to see friends, then travel out west to do the Rockies and Vancouver.

I hope you continue to love it here
Old Sep 4th 2014, 5:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lf1
Quoll, so pleased that you are happy at home. I can't believe you have been back for 3 years. My, how time flies. Are you still knitting up a storm in your local yarn shop?
Oh yeah! Knitting keeps me sane - and those wool shows are absolutely amazing!
Old Sep 4th 2014, 6:09 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Oh yeah! Knitting keeps me sane - and those wool shows are absolutely amazing!
I don't want to sidetrack your thread, but I would love to hear about the wool shows.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

Lestergirl will become famous soon enoughLestergirl will become famous soon enough

Wow, Quoll, 3 years!! Its also 3 years since I came back to UK...been back to USA for a 6 month stint but there is nothing like home..so glad all is well and sorry about Mum x
Old Oct 20th 2014, 6:55 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Hello you, three years already - blimey ( or should that be crikey?!) ha ha!!!! Will be very interested to hear what you think of Oz after your Nov visit - I shall pop back in to check your update! Glad to hear you are doing ok sorry your Mum is so poorly though, you are doing the right thing by her even though it must be so hard at times. Great read, thanks for sharing x