One month.

Old Feb 19th 2019, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

yankeereaper56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default One month.

Hello all: Been away from here, the forum, for quite a while. We have been back in the UK for a little over a month now. Things are a some what daunting to say the least. We keep running to an issue with the bank asking why we live here and pay US taxes. Back to the bank tomorrow and try to get answers. I thought that our situation would have drawn flags and we could have sorted the issue earlier. The process of getting national health was as easy as just going to the GP (local doctors office). Public transport has been quite good. I would recommend that if you are bringing pets you use a pet moving service. It took 3 weeks to get the internet up and running, partly my fault on that one. Reading the small writing on a cell phone led to a wrong address being acknowledged by mistake, lol. We have been attending our local church and finding open arms into the community. Enough for now, will try to write again soon on our further progress. John...
Old Aug 24th 2019, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

Kath143 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: One month.

Hi there, how are you going? I too have moved back after 30yrs away in AUS. I have come across the same problems as I don’t have a credit rating yet have an excellent one down under and own a property out right in the UK. EE won’t even give me a third SIM card and getting finance for a car is near on impossible. I have to say 12wks in I am struggling, reality is setting in and I feel I am living in a void between two places. I am a single mum of 13yr old twins and now thing what the hell have I done. Such an isolating experience.
Old Aug 29th 2019, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath143
Hi there, how are you going? I too have moved back after 30yrs away in AUS. I have come across the same problems as I don’t have a credit rating yet have an excellent one down under and own a property out right in the UK. EE won’t even give me a third SIM card and getting finance for a car is near on impossible. I have to say 12wks in I am struggling, reality is setting in and I feel I am living in a void between two places. I am a single mum of 13yr old twins and now thing what the hell have I done. Such an isolating experience.
just read your post- hope things improve for you!
Old Sep 10th 2019, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Gypsy888 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kath143
Ditto! I moved here to Yorkshire for a job 4 weeks ago without my kiwi husband and pets. Waiting for spouse visa for him to follow.
I seem to be pushing shit uphill at every turn... Bank/Car insurance/NI number/Accommodation/you name it!!!!
Seriously thought about going back already!
Was in Adelaide 25yrs & NZ 13yrs... I'm really struggling with culture shock...
Hang in there!
Old Sep 10th 2019, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gypsy888
Ditto! I moved here to Yorkshire for a job 4 weeks ago without my kiwi husband and pets. Waiting for spouse visa for him to follow.
I seem to be pushing shit uphill at every turn... Bank/Car insurance/NI number/Accommodation/you name it!!!!
Hang in there!
Welcome back.

I hope you can get over your culture shock soon. Just remember that you can always tell a Yorkshireman. But you can't tell him much!
Old Nov 14th 2020, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

Hang in there!
how are you going? Just saw your reply. I hope things have settled a bit. I’m still struggling unfortunately.😄
Old Nov 14th 2020, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shelley748
just read your post- hope things improve for you!
hi thanks for your encouraging words. Just saw your reply. Still working hard to settle down!
Old Nov 18th 2020, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hang in there!
We never had any problems after being over seas for 14years, we bought a car, phones and a secured rental property within 3 weeks of returning and my DH was still working in Australia. Try and start with the most important "things" first ie NI....then bank account , HSBC and Santander are good for people who have been living overseas, can your husband send you a copy of your NZ car insurance Aviva are great for taking that into account. A pre paid phone is a good way to start and the electrol roll, if your looking at rental properties have some good reference letters and a bank account (even if it's still in NZ) to show you can pay for the property. It's really hard especially when your partner is still overseas as mine was worried about everything from food shopping (which I found overwhelming with the choice etc) to where to start looking for a rental....I can laugh now about it and I do wonder how I did it all but we got there in the end..I still remember.getting in the taxi from the airport when we landed and.wanting to jump straight back out and head straight to departures...just like I did when we first landed in Australia lol. It's overwhelming, just remember you have done it before and you can do it again and when your husband arrives it will be the icing on the cake. All the best