Back home/new home

Old Nov 16th 2015, 5:58 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back home/new home

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Great update, despite the ups and downs, do you realize just how organised that all sounds?, you have done amazingly well.

Sorry Murphy didnt like flying. Who does really. He will forget, unless he sees an airport poor thing.

Cold, its hot and getting hotter here, you are so lucky to be back there for the Christmas season.

Reckon a car is a necessity in the UK, so so many places to travel to in such a short distance, such beautiful drives too. Go on get one, another excuse to shop.
I didn't really stop to think about how much we'd done, thanks Jad, I feel quite accomplished now!

I see Perth has been hitting 40 this week, I think I got out just in time as I swear another summer would have been the end of me (just a little puddle on the floor). Really, really looking forward to cooking a proper Christmas dinner in a conducive climate
Old Nov 16th 2015, 6:01 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Lovely to hear from you and pleased to read that you are all gradually settling in best you can.

Yup! Furniture in through the windows is quite norm.

Pics of Murphy please.
It sounded so drastic BEVS, but like you the people here weren't fazed at all

Will dig out the camera when the boxes arrive and take a couple of photos of Murph. We're all becoming more and more at home every day
Old Nov 16th 2015, 6:06 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by lf1
Spouse - glad you are settling in nicely. I am glad everything worked out well with the furniture. We ordered our couches before moving back and unfortunately, they are really uncomfortable. I has asked for firm cushions and they are too soft for my liking. We will need to replace them eventually as they don't provide much support at all. Lesson learned. Best of luck with the bathroom reno.
What a bummer about your couches It just doesn't feel right ordering these things online does it, for precisely the reasons you and I have discovered. Looks like couches are the worst offenders and need to be measured, and sat on, before buying

Still waiting for the tiler to do the bathroom - spark and plumber can't finish their bits till he does. Baths are losing their novelty factor, I want my shower.
Old Nov 16th 2015, 6:07 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by not2old
SOS, good to read the news & updates that you are all settling in.
Thanks We love taking Murphy on the bus and train, have never been able to do that before!
Old Nov 16th 2015, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Daisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond repute

What a lovely update Spouse, so glad to hear it's all working out for you xxx
Old Nov 16th 2015, 6:24 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Daisytreadlight
What a lovely update Spouse, so glad to hear it's all working out for you xxx
Thanks Daisy! Early days but given the hiccups since I arrived I'm hoping it's all downhill from here. Or should that be uphill? Both sound a bit weird!
Old Nov 17th 2015, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to hear that you are settling into your home. Funny it was my OH who slotted in better than me initially! I found it frustrating at first with the small size of house and kitchen appliances but we will be replacing them especially the small fridge lol 2 shelves for all my stuff ridiculous. There will be frustrations as life is differfent here but gets better and beter as the days go on.
Old Nov 17th 2015, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

moggi1964 is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad you are settling in. We brought Rusty over on the QM2 with us so I think that helped reduce the anxiety and he has settled in quickly.Couch scenario sounds familiar. We were lucky to be able to change the layout of the rooms we had initially identified as dining/sitting and with some manipulation got the sofa in (had to temporarily remove the metal stair rail that just did not want to come off).We are in a rental so limited on some changes but have adapted to the small fridge by buying food on a daily basis. We could squeeze another fridge in if we find we cannot sustain the daily shopping trip.
Old Nov 17th 2015, 10:48 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi SoS,

Congrats on your move home and all going (relatively) smooth

My dog hated the flight too but settled down fairly quick. It's funny though, because we still have his flight crate in our garage and when he sees and sniffs it, he turns and runs! bless him

Our sofa was a pain too. We brought it back from Canada with us as it was quite expensive so worth it in that sense, but we had to take a door right off to get it in, not quite a drastic as a window, but still a pain nonetheless.

It was me who instigated the return so I settled instantly, but hubby didn't want to return and took quite a while. We now own a home again after 2 years renting and I think I can safely say that he is now happy

No regrets here at all. I count my blessings how lucky I am as I know so many people want to return but cannot due to one reason or another.

Good luck with your continued success in settling, I hope it all works out for you
Old Nov 18th 2015, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

What a great update, I loved reading it! You certainly have been busy and have had a few hiccups to deal with but you sound very organized, love that you payed the glazier extra

So glad that it's been a fairly good start for you, please keep the updates coming I love all the little details.
Old Nov 19th 2015, 9:03 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely update
Old Nov 20th 2015, 12:33 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Ta Perth - I can tell you that the time you're spending packing and sorting is so worth it. Once you apply for the visa it's full-on so the more you can get done prior, the better. Weather is great
Curious (you with your Aussie accent) after a few weeks how you are finding mixing in with the locals - anything strange or funny to report?

Also, how you are finding the selection of food items & conveniences that stick out different than in OZ?