Back 3 months... Sort of

Old Aug 15th 2015, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

pondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to all
Default Re: Back 3 months... Sort of

Originally Posted by NiHao
There was nothing "hypocritical" about the opinions and advice that some BE members gave you regarding whether or not to bring your dog with you from Canada.

It seems to me that you are suffering from selective memory as there were posts advising you before you even left Canada to re-home your dog because we knew that in your situation, of very little cash funds AND no car (both greatly limiting your choice of rentals) you would come up against exactly the kind of problem you have. We tried to help and you chose to ignore the advice. People gave you their honest opinions both for and against, it was only you and your husband that could make the choice. None of the replies you received were hypocritical.

Hopefully you will soon have luck with a new rental and it is good to hear your are loving your time in the UK.
I was referring to the hypocritical people in the UK... SOME of whom are on this board, I did NOT say everyone here is hypocritical. Read carefully next time.
Old Aug 15th 2015, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

pondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lorry1
Oh sorry I totally miss-understood Pondhoppers post to which I responded. I thought she had to give a pet up in order to return to the UK and people were being nasty about it (shouldn't have read it so early in the morning then come back a bit later to respond!).
I guess if people were trying to offer support by giving a realistic situation about renting with a dog, then that is a different matter. It is hard to do and we were very lucky we were in the right place at the right time, and I drive, but it can be done. I have a friend who rents with 2 large dogs and I know she offered a larger deposit too.
Yes, Lorry, I did get both private and public thrashings for opmaking it known I was rehoming my two cats. Unfortunately NiHao seems to remember things differently. As it stands not having a car has nothing to do with our lives here - something else I love about living here. But people DID get highly offended when I said I'd been looking for home for my furbabies...

Don't be sorry for be an encouragement, no matter how the haters act, it's abeautiful thing in you, Lorry. ❤️
Old Aug 15th 2015, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Downton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond repute

Pondhopper2014,

How are things going for you? Have you found another place to live yet? Tell us some good things about your life and England now