4 month update

Old Apr 27th 2014, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Choccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond repute
Default 4 month update

Hi all

Thought I should do an update as we have been back almost 4 months now. (well 2 of us - hubby arriving in 20 days - not that I'm counting)

I guess we have had ups and downs as is to be expected and I'm sure things would have been better if I hadn't been on my own trying to get set up. Always find things easier to deal with when have support of hubby. I obviously had this but from afar so not quite the same. We made the decision to do the move back in stages so it was always going to be like this.

After what seems like forever we are in our new house. As always there seems a lot more to be done to it than I realised. The people moving out had left it in a right state and were still moving furniture at nearly 7 in the evening. I couldn't work out the heating and son and I had to sleep on the floor that first night. Well I am still on the floor as the company I bought my bed from didn't deliver the base and it has taken us this long to fight them and get them to deliver the missing box.

I am slowly adjusting to working shifts but actively seeking other work as the hours are so long and the pay is not good so I can't see myself carrying on indefinitely. On the plus side it's a regular income which was what I set out to achieve.

Another hold up and therefore a lot more expense was kennels for our 2 dogs. Because of the hold up with the house they ended up being in kennels for a lot longer than we hoped and therefore built up quite a substantial bill. I arranged to have them processed through customs and delivered but ended up getting a phone call saying I could collect them. Not happy that they then re arranged delivery but the poor things landed at 11.15 and didn't get to me until 7 pm. They do however seem remarkably chilled about the whole thing and have settled straight down so that has made me very happy

Son has been looking for a job but not had much luck. He is delivering flyers for an estate agent so it;s something. This week he went along to a different basketball team and ended up training with them 3 times. They are trying to persuade him to go to that college so will see what he thinks. He does have a place at another college to fall back on. He seems settled but is obviously a bit bored. He is able to find his way around by train and is brave enough to go and try things out.

Our boxes are in the country and have been "selected" for a customs x-ray. I love the way they make it sound like a good thing and then make you pay for it!

Hubby is getting despondent as hasn't had any luck with jobs so far. We're just hoping that once he gets here it will be easier. I am keeping positive - apart form when working nights then all sense of perspective seems to go out of the window. Nothing like a 3 am stress session. On the plus side at least I can text him at that time.

So in summary I am still very glad to be home. There have been hold ups which I guess when you take into account the enormity of the task are probably to be expected. I do wish we could have all come back together but who knows whether that would have made any difference?

I'm loving the fact that I can get somewhere easily. Spring is lovely here and I get a glimpse of bluebells in the woods as I go past on the bus to work. Not actually had time to walk through them yet but have always loved bluebells. We are in a much more built up area but I can be at the park with the dogs in 2 minutes, the station in about 10 and walk to my Mum's and Sisters. The road is actually very quiet and there is a good choice of restaurants, pubs and shops all within walking distance.

I had set myself (as I have a tendency to do!) a goal of having the house all decorated and garden done before hubby arrived. I have stressed no end about this but have accepted that it was never going to be achievable especially as we will be on one income for a while and that he wouldn't expect it of me so have let it go a bit. I have to remind myself of what I have managed to achieve and that we have both had a lot to deal with on our own.

Our eldest daughter has now begun her new adventure in Perth and seems very happy. Not sure how long she will be there.

Really hope that hubby gets sorted with a job soon so that he feels settled too.
Old Apr 30th 2014, 7:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 month update

My head aches from all that you have achieved already! Well done!

Fingers crossed things work out well for your OH - once you get a job - any job! - moving on and up is much easier.