Reload this Page >

Walks around Esuri

Walks around Esuri

Old May 5th 2018, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

soyrosa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Walks around Esuri

Hi all,
I am training for a long distance walk in September (Hadrian's Wall) but I will be in Esuri for 5 weeks in the summer and need to keep walking.
Obviously I am aware it is too hot for organised walks, however that cannot stop me! so: do any of you know good routes around Esuri that I could do? I'm looking at 10-12 miles at least. I'll have to wake up early during the holidays :-)
If going to Portugal is the best option, I would also do this if there are decent walks out there. I don't know the area that well. I am familiar with the dirt road to Villablanca but I would like some variety!
Many thanks in advance!
Rosa
Old May 6th 2018, 8:22 am
Just Joined

csrich is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Walks around Esuri

Well you may want to try parking by the stadium in VRSA and picking up the track that meanders through the forest to the beach. If you turn right at the beach you may walk for as long as you like with the added bonus of stopping at a watering hole.
Old May 6th 2018, 11:21 am
Montesol, Ayamonte

maccro is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Soyrosa, I have cycled, and can recommend, the Pista via verde litoral route from Ayamonte to Isla Cristina.

You can pick up the path at the bottom of via de la constitucion, near the Dia supermarket and the roundabout. The path is the route of the disused railway track so it is mostly level and straight. It runs parallel to the main road to Lepe and then along the edge of the marshland. It is in good condition and wide enough for walkers and cyclists.

see also

Walking - Vias Verdes on the coasts of Andalucia, Hiking | Rural Tourism Spain | Andalucia.com

Vía Verde of Litoral - Official tourism website of Andalucía
Old May 6th 2018, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by csrich
Well you may want to try parking by the stadium in VRSA and picking up the track that meanders through the forest to the beach. If you turn right at the beach you may walk for as long as you like with the added bonus of stopping at a watering hole.
Walking through the forest in August sound a lot nicer than walking to Villablanca !! Thanks! I will check this one out
Old May 6th 2018, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by maccro
Hello Soyrosa, I have cycled, and can recommend, the Pista via verde litoral route from Ayamonte to Isla Cristina.

You can pick up the path at the bottom of via de la constitucion, near the Dia supermarket and the roundabout. The path is the route of the disused railway track so it is mostly level and straight. It runs parallel to the main road to Lepe and then along the edge of the marshland. It is in good condition and wide enough for walkers and cyclists.

see also

Walking - Vias Verdes on the coasts of Andalucia, Hiking Rural Tourism Spain Andalucia.com

Vía Verde of Litoral - Official tourism website of Andalucía
Thanks for the links! I did find Via Verde online but wasn't sure how easy it was. I will be doing that in August with my loaded backpack! can't wait !
Old May 7th 2018, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

bitmanev is on a distinguished road

there is also a GR route passing Esuri
Attached Thumbnails Walks around Esuri-img_1284.jpg   Walks around Esuri-fullsizeoutput_188.jpeg  
Old May 8th 2018, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bitmanev
there is also a GR route passing Esuri
Thank you so much for that one! Do you know where does it start? I think I might have driven by it but I am not sure
Old May 8th 2018, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

bitmanev is on a distinguished road

it passes Esuri on the south east close to the roundabout Avenida Juan Pablo II / Paseo de Elasco Ibáñez
Old May 11th 2018, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

ElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to behold

The countryside in Portugal on the other side of the Guadiana River looks fantastic for walking to get fit for Hadrian's Wall. We've been there by car - you go past Quinto Do Vale Golf Course - and seen groups of what look like serious walkers, so I recommend investigating this area. Very picturesque too.
Old May 11th 2018, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

There used to be some walkers that met on a Friday at the Club House to walk with a group in Portugal. Kath Roughton might know if it is still running.
Old May 15th 2018, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Elisabeth Ann and Capitans wench, thank you so much both for the information. I don´t know Kath Roughton but I hope I can get to meet her :-)
I am not sure there will be anyone interested in walking in the heat of the summer but if there are I'm joining them !!!
Old May 16th 2018, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Originally Posted by soyrosa
Elisabeth Ann and Capitans wench, thank you so much both for the information. I don´t know Kath Roughton but I hope I can get to meet her :-)
I am not sure there will be anyone interested in walking in the heat of the summer but if there are I'm joining them !!!
The walking group is still going at the moment although no one meets at the golf club now. However, it never walks more than about 5 miles; it's more of a stroll really. There is usually a coffee stop in the middle and lunch at the end. Everyone jokingly says that it isn't so much a walking group that has lunch but a lunch group that does a walk first. It also stops during the heat of the summer so isn't going to be of use to you I'm afraid. The dirt road at the back of Esuri goes into Ayamonte in one direction and to Villablanca in the other. I think Villablanca is about 16 kilometers.
Old May 24th 2018, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kath Las Colinas
The walking group is still going at the moment although no one meets at the golf club now. However, it never walks more than about 5 miles; it's more of a stroll really. There is usually a coffee stop in the middle and lunch at the end. Everyone jokingly says that it isn't so much a walking group that has lunch but a lunch group that does a walk first. It also stops during the heat of the summer so isn't going to be of use to you I'm afraid. The dirt road at the back of Esuri goes into Ayamonte in one direction and to Villablanca in the other. I think Villablanca is about 16 kilometers.
Hi Kath,
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I thought sensible people woulding go walking in the heat of the summer :-) and a stop for lunch sounds like a great idea!
I will keep the group in mind for when I'm there any other time though!
Rosa
Old Jun 11th 2018, 7:52 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

A friend used to walk to Isla Canela every day whilst she was there - can't remember how far it is off the top of my head but surely it can't be far off that xxxxx