Restaurants

Old May 20th 2016, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
If its possible to just send a link to the FB page, then I/we could save that and just click on it to see the menu and other activities, without joining FB or signing in etc. (If that's possible - don't know for sure).

Thanks
Jon
Looks like you are a hacker who likes Spam Jon!
Old May 20th 2016, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi Andy, it's Hoya 19 Hole. Regards Bryony
Huge apologies to everyone, it's Hoyo 19 Hole not Hoya, doh
Old May 20th 2016, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

char272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nice

Hi Any news about 19H.. is it up and running please?

Jon
Up and running ,👍👍👍👍
Old Jun 10th 2016, 10:08 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Closure of the Solar Panel resto

Hi

the 'Solar Panel' resto ....

....AKA 'the beaded curtain' resto

...AKA 'Chez Teresa'...

...AKA ' Sabores de Beira' (SP) ... has closed

... But are reopening in the 'big building' to the left of the little roundabout in the middle of MF (signposted 'restaurant / quartos' for years). This is the roundabout you have to do a sharp right to get to the old one... opposite 'old Luis' (Campesino (SP) ) with the terrace... or second right to get to Luis' resto.

We have been invited to a pre-opening and will let you all know - but if all goes well they will be ready for the weekend.

We are fans of the original resto really simple home cooked food in a home-ambiance.

My BH is a tad concerned that it will lose that familiarity - it looks like a big place with a huge car park ....but lets see.

True story: When we first came to CE and were scouting out all the restos, we saw the 'restaurant' sign and went there to try it out. The big car park was empty - just one car, so we left and ate at Luis - not wanting to eat alone.

I innocently asked Luis if they were much competition, being so near by. He laughed out loud, and told us that it was in fact a brothel!! We had no idea!

Thank goodness we didn't go there and ask for the 'special' - or 'dish of the day'

Of course we later saw the sign with the girls on it and realised it was the building you immediately see when you take the first exit after the bridge for VRSA and MF etc.

We wish Teresa luck in the new venture.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jun 10th 2016 at 10:15 am.
Old Jun 10th 2016, 12:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by char272
Up and running ,👍👍👍👍
The latest rumour is that Manolo is throwing in the towel in the face of the latest denunciation from his nearest neighbor!
Old Jun 10th 2016, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

I seriously hope that rumour is unfounded. What on earth can the neighbour be moaning about now???? I'm within spitting distance and have never heard much disturbance from hola19 when we are there.
It'll be a considerable loss to ME residents imo. It would be so nice to have live music again on the top terrace as per Jags in summer season, but obviously that is never gonna happen all the time we have the neighbour to contend with. Pity, despite his lack of experience Manalo has tried to please us.
Old Jun 11th 2016, 8:32 am
Sandra & Munty

Sandraphleb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by keithBT
I seriously hope that rumour is unfounded. What on earth can the neighbour be moaning about now???? I'm within spitting distance and have never heard much disturbance from hola19 when we are there.
It'll be a considerable loss to ME residents imo. It would be so nice to have live music again on the top terrace as per Jags in summer season, but obviously that is never gonna happen all the time we have the neighbour to contend with. Pity, despite his lack of experience Manalo has tried to please us.
Agreed... Keith BT.. we live opposite and never had any bother with sound in fact we would like to see more life and sound there rather than none!
Old Jun 11th 2016, 8:52 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Closure of the Solar Panel resto

Hi

the 'Solar Panel' resto ....

....AKA 'the beaded curtain' resto

...AKA 'Chez Teresa'...

...AKA ' Sabores de Beira' (SP) ... has closed

... But are reopening in the 'big building' to the left of the little roundabout in the middle of MF (signposted 'restaurant / quartos' for years). This is the roundabout you have to do a sharp right to get to the old one... opposite 'old Luis' (Campesino (SP) ) with the terrace... or second right to get to Luis' resto.

We have been invited to a pre-opening and will let you all know - but if all goes well they will be ready for the weekend.

We are fans of the original resto really simple home cooked food in a home-ambiance.

My BH is a tad concerned that it will lose that familiarity - it looks like a big place with a huge car park ....but lets see.

True story: When we first came to CE and were scouting out all the restos, we saw the 'restaurant' sign and went there to try it out. The big car park was empty - just one car, so we left and ate at Luis - not wanting to eat alone.

I innocently asked Luis if they were much competition, being so near by. He laughed out loud, and told us that it was in fact a brothel!! We had no idea!

Thank goodness we didn't go there and ask for the 'special' - or 'dish of the day'

Of course we later saw the sign with the girls on it and realised it was the building you immediately see when you take the first exit after the bridge for VRSA and MF etc.

We wish Teresa luck in the new venture.

Jon
We were treated to homemade soup, a full roasted pig and all drinks for the opening and everybody appreciated it. The resto is now open for all, directions in the quote. She wants to keep the same basic menu - but make additions over time. I was a tad embarrassed to ask if the pricing stays the same as we were getting all this food+drink on the house. But even if it goes up an euro or 2, I personally wont complain as 8 Euros currently all in is great, Main, desert, drinks and coffee included.. Menu attached... but subject to change, so you know what you are getting in advance. Sunday is open and still a menu but a couple of euros extra, all-in.

Note she will also take orders for say a party with a specific dish, like for example a group coming in for roast lambshanks. A couple of days in advance.

Good luck to Teresa and the family who gave us a wonderful welcome.

Jon

Photos attached
Attached Thumbnails Restaurants-wp_20160610_16_08_22_pro.jpg   Restaurants-wp_20160610_18_28_42_pro.jpg   Restaurants-wp_20160610_18_29_05_pro.jpg   Restaurants-wp_20151028_13_58_50_pro.jpg  
Old Jun 11th 2016, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

char272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sandraphleb
Agreed... Keith BT.. we live opposite and never had any bother with sound in fact we would like to see more life and sound there rather than none!
There is a petition to sign to try and keep it open
Old Jun 11th 2016, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by char272
There is a petition to sign to try and keep it open
Time to get a petition going to get rid of the neighbour me thinks!!
Old Jun 11th 2016, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

What a shame if he does give up :-( just shows what one disgruntled person has the ability to do to a legitimate business which appears to be more wanted than not.
Old Jun 14th 2016, 4:32 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
What a shame if he does give up :-( just shows what one disgruntled person has the ability to do to a legitimate business which appears to be more wanted than not.
Hi Everybody

I need to quash these rumours.

I have spoken to JM...(the boss) who was surprised that there was a rumour that the place was closing.

We had lunch there today.... the 'meunu dal dia' at 8.5eur was nice. 3 courses...... Big tasty salad (or Spaghetti): Tuna steak, or pork slices, desert and a drink.

A bottle of house white 8.50.... good quaffable wine... much better than stuff we often get in (e.g) pubs in the UK

FANTASTIC views.

Opening times have extended (high season) to 12:30 start....

BTW Friday there is a sushi night (see photo)

There is always a problem with neighbours/noise...... but that's part of the deal, but 19H stays open.

I had a chat with a good friend, who made a good point, if 19H have 'a good do' .. ( I have a few ideas) ...no live music, but get a bunch of people in.... we would make far more noise (til late into the night) than some of the performers... who have to finish early.

Anyway 19H is up and running, opening earlier .... and the pool is perfectly clean for the villas ..

Jon
Attached Thumbnails Restaurants-wp_20160614_15_33_15_pro.jpg  

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jun 14th 2016 at 4:35 pm.
Old Jun 14th 2016, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Restaurants

Well done Jon for sorting that out. What a relief to know it was a false rumour !! Family are there at the moment and I'm back on the 2nd July. I will look forward to spending some euros over there. Good for Manalo.
Old Jun 14th 2016, 5:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Great news about the earlier opening fits in with our meal schedule now. We look at the menu on Facebook every day but it always appeared to late for us so we now know we can just call by and we will be welcome. Rum our control is at best unreliable so this is another one to chalk in wrong column!
Old Jun 24th 2016, 8:57 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
Great news about the earlier opening fits in with our meal schedule now. We look at the menu on Facebook every day but it always appeared to late for us so we now know we can just call by and we will be welcome. Rum our control is at best unreliable so this is another one to chalk in wrong column!

Sorry to report but it looks like the 19H earlier hours have stopped. The sign was on the gate the other day, but it wasn't open and a guy working there told me told us to return at 5 pm.

Now the opening hours sign has gone. JM and Amalia were at the 'bordello' resto the other day well after the posted opening time.

For the moment at least and over the past few days they were not open when we passed at around 14:00 - 15:00.

NOTE TO ALL....

There is a petition at the shop asking us to sign up to have entertainment at 19H, please sign if you want this and if you feel we need a successful alternative on CE

Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.