Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Gossip on the Golf HOTEL ??

Gossip on the Golf HOTEL ??

Old Aug 12th 2020, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Gossip on the Golf HOTEL ??

Hi All, I've just realised that the news of the Hotel has gone very QUIET. I recall the Mayor was keen to increase tourism and hence promote new hotels but did anyone actually BUY it. I originally thought Isla Canela SA bought it with the golf course, but then I remember Hydrocarburos SA were said to have bought it. Does ANYONE know what the current situation is with it ? I'd like to think I might see myself sipping a G & T on the massive terrace part constructed - in my lifetime !!!!!!!!!!!! Ps, I'm approaching Seventy so I'm thinking not tooo long term.
Old Aug 13th 2020, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gossip on the Golf HOTEL ??

Hydrocarburos did buy it along with everything but the Commercial centre. Proconsur only bought the West course and Clubhouse
Old Aug 13th 2020, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guesswork
Hydrocarburos did buy it along with everything but the Commercial centre. Proconsur only bought the West course and Clubhouse
Hidrocarburos originally bought the lot and started to try and asset-strip. Island Canela Golf bought the golf campo and the club. Rumour at the time was that they had an option on the hotel, which would be developed as a boutique hotel to house golf guests, if the numbers warranted it. ISG's business plan was based on selling inclusive golf packages in Norther Europe. This has been very successful and they couldn't meet the demand so they bought the GC. Rumour had that they had long-term lease or bought some units in Sea and Sun apartments to house golf guests. If the numbers stack up as predicted then they would have developed the hotel. I guess Covid has been the latest blight to hit Costa Esuri just when things were looking up 😟
Old Aug 13th 2020, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Hidrocarburos originally bought the lot and started to try and asset-strip. Island Canela Golf bought the golf campo and the club. Rumour at the time was that they had an option on the hotel, which would be developed as a boutique hotel to house golf guests, if the numbers warranted it. ISG's business plan was based on selling inclusive golf packages in Norther Europe. This has been very successful and they couldn't meet the demand so they bought the GC. Rumour had that they had long-term lease or bought some units in Sea and Sun apartments to house golf guests. If the numbers stack up as predicted then they would have developed the hotel. I guess Covid has been the latest blight to hit Costa Esuri just when things were looking up 😟
Looking on the bright side golf is a good sport for social distancing. Outside in the fresh air and lovely climate that Ayamonte offers in the Spring Autumn and Winter will make for a busy golf season coming up🤞🤞🤞
Old Aug 13th 2020, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

bitmanev is on a distinguished road

the east Golf course would be perfect for Foot Golf IMHO

Foot Golf
Old Aug 13th 2020, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bitmanev

Foot Golf
Actually that's a very good idea. Not for me I fear but if you could get some interest from the youngsters who seem to get a bit bored then you could be onto a winner.
Not sure who you would need to get permission from but maybe if you started, in a quiet and respectful manner, then you might get away with for years.
Old Aug 16th 2020, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice
Smile Re: Gossip on the Golf HOTEL ??

Originally Posted by bitmanev

Foot Golf
I agree. I suggested this to the old management last year. Would of course prefer it as a golf course again, It was great entertainment watching the tee shots off the first tee from my balcony