Golf Club

Old Mar 27th 2014, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Golf Club

Hi, for any of you who are not on the Tentadero mailing list and have not received an e-mail this is to let you know that they are closing permanently on the 31st March. Regards Bryony
Old Mar 27th 2014, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi, for any of you who are not on the Tentadero mailing list and have not received an e-mail this is to let you know that they are closing permanently on the 31st March. Regards Bryony
So does that mean there is no 19th hole for the golf course after the 31st March! Or is this French company mooted to be taking over ,reopening the next day ?

Last edited by shirley and anthony hide; Mar 27th 2014 at 4:07 pm. Reason: typo
Old Mar 27th 2014, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
So does that mean there is no 19th hole for the golf course after the 31st March! Or is this French company mooted to be taking over ,reopening the next day ?
Sorry, we don't know yet but as soon as we do we'll post.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Not sure if anyone would be interested, or whether it matters in the overall scheme of things, but checking my credit card statement, I've noticed that the bills I paid in the GC (ie the restaurant) were paid to Iberian Funeral Plans. Didn't notice at the time, but as I say don't know it makes any real difference.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Sorry, we don't know yet but as soon as we do we'll post.
OK many thanks.
Bit worrying though just as things were finally beginning to look up.
Mind you have got used to it over the last 7 years.
Although they do say as one door closes, another one slams shut in your face.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 6:31 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

OK many thanks.
Bit worrying though just as things were finally beginning to look up.
Mind you have got used to it over the last 7 years.
Although they do say as one door closes, another one slams shut in your face.
Not necessarilly bad news. The new company have plans and need time, after all if the rumours are true, they plan to make substantial changes. This may take time, and frankly I am OK that there is a pause, if after all, we end up with something new and refreshing.

Opening up with much of the 'same thing' on 1/4 is not the best thing, IMHO.

As mentioned on another thread (the CE update one), I hope by summer we have published (and 'transparent' ) plans in place for the golf/hotel complex - and for the bank g'tees. By then VV (hopefully before Easter) will have opened too - and that is refreshing too. I wasnt expecting service as normal with the new people on 1/4, and (personally) thats a better thing -potentially. In fact for me, its actually a good sign, even!

For me 2014 has started really well and potentially great changes are coming - perhaps wonderful ones!

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Mar 27th 2014 at 6:40 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Not necessarilly bad news. The new company have plans and need time, after all if the rumours are true, they plan to make substantial changes. This may take time, and frankly I am OK that there is a pause, if after all, we end up with something new and refreshing.

Opening up with much of the 'same thing' on 1/4 is not the best thing, IMHO.

As mentioned on another thread (the CE update one), I hope by summer we have published (and 'transparent' ) plans in place for the golf/hotel complex - and for the bank g'tees. By then VV (hopefully before Easter) will have opened too - and that is refreshing too. I wasnt expecting service as normal with the new people on 1/4, and (personally) thats a better thing -potentially. In fact for me, its actually a good sign, even!

For me 2014 has started really well and potentially great changes are coming - perhaps wonderful ones!

Jon
Totally agree with you on your comments. My one concern is you cannot attract people to a golf course that does not have refreshment facilities.Imagine someone is on a golf holiday and has prebooked a round.They then find that there is no 19th hole.They are not going to be happy and more than likely won't bother to book again.Even worse air their grievance on trip advisor etc.It takes a long time to build a reputation,but no time at all to destoy it. The gap between closure and opening cannot be to great.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Totally agree with you on your comments. My one concern is you cannot attract people to a golf course that does not have refreshment facilities.Imagine someone is on a golf holiday and has prebooked a round.They then find that there is no 19th hole.They are not going to be happy and more than likely won't bother to book again.Even worse air their grievance on trip advisor etc.It takes a long time to build a reputation,but no time at all to destoy it. The gap between closure and opening cannot be to great.
Hi, there has been a meeting today with the current operators and as far as they know the '19th hole' will probably only be closed for 2-3 days. Regards Bryony.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

char272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nice

That's good news,no way would they close permanent , lots of us been there since the beginning and we need the club and anything else to be offered on esuri as there are now an increasing number of people every month
Old Mar 27th 2014, 10:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Golf Club

Fortunately the new VV restaurant will reopen any day now and it location just where the clubhouse should have been and would make a fine watering hole as you come up the 18th. The good part is that there is a fire access just by the 18th which comes out right by the VV entrance so it is not difficult to slip away for a refresher until they sort the clubhouse out.

If the French company is who I suspect them to be they know their onions and will soon turn things around if they are prepared to invest but who knows.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 1:02 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by char272
That's good news,no way would they close permanent , lots of us been there since the beginning and we need the club and anything else to be offered on esuri as there are now an increasing number of people every month
The good news is for the employees who may not be out of work too long, though if the town hall could speed up all the admin for VV more could have employment!!

I hope the new co. has used the time behind-the-scenes to prepare their new strategy to hit the ground running, and make some great improvements/changes.
Jon
Old Mar 28th 2014, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

The good news is for the employees who may not be out of work too long, though if the town hall could speed up all the admin for VV more could have employment!!

I hope the new co. has used the time behind-the-scenes to prepare their new strategy to hit the ground running, and make some great improvements/changes.
Jon
Hi Jon,

You may well find, the new venue will have a new name?,IE: not Vista Verde?,

Ken.
Old Mar 29th 2014, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute

Jon
Hi Jon... I Have just been told that the club house is to be closed for up to 6 weeks...http://britishexpats.com/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif
Old Mar 29th 2014, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by BILL AND CLAIRE
Hi Jon... I Have just been told that the club house is to be closed for up to 6 weeks...http://britishexpats.com/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif
Sounds like an opportunity for some enterprising soul to set up a stall selling the golfers drinks when they come off the course
Old Mar 29th 2014, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cool Re: Golf Club

Originally Posted by AndyS
Sounds like an opportunity for some enterprising soul to set up a stall selling the golfers drinks when they come off the course
Ice and a slice Andy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.