British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Boules / Petanque on CE - just started (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/boules-petanque-ce-just-started-846661/)

Jon-Bxl Feb 15th 2015 12:44 pm

Re: Boules / Petanque on CE - just started

Originally Posted by Ramon (Post 11565960)
Hi Jon, sorry, I just wasn´t aware that club`s "original organizers", or authorities, had decreed a suspension until April. It had not been posted and I had been away from Esuri.

Since, as I mentioned, I am eager for a little playing, I will be on the grounds (3:30 pm) to train and hopefully play with anybody who might want to share some fun. Nothing compulsory or official on this, not a general call but an open invitation

Agree with you that it would be most desirable that people in Esuri get a hang for this fun game and more join in.
I saw a post by a certain "Jean Michel" asking for information as to where and when we play, but the post has disappeared. Anybody knows who this person is so we get word to him ?

Hi Ramon

Sorry, I don't understand - you replied to Bills post stating that the group decided to have a 'season' starting from April. So (logically) you did know the dates. Which is why I posted back. As OP I am tracking this thread.

The boules club is ( I want to repeat) just a fun friendly and social thing. A few of us started it to have some fun. No 'decrees', rules, agenda's etc. Its certainly not exclusive, anyone can join us without permission - just turn up on the day.... And, of course, anyone can organise a game with friends - or through the forum at any time, separately, through this thread if they want. If I am around I would love to join in, if the invite is an open one - like all the games we have played through this thread.

Its great that you will play on Wednesday and I hope you get some people turning up...

Have fun

Jon

PS If you want to contact any current forum member - who is still registered - just send him a PM. PM's activate after 3 posts...

Ramon Feb 15th 2015 1:29 pm

Sorry Jon, but it is message#27, where it is first mentioned that boules resume first week April at 4:00.
I just don´t see the problem, those who want to play just go and play, those who want to wait for April do so.

Free game in a free land by free people.

jajaja... sounds so ridiculous does it not (corny!)? Never thought i´d say something like that LOL.

Carol&John Feb 26th 2015 9:35 am

Get your boules here before the cut off date:

bolas de petanca - Decathlon España

Luz liver Feb 26th 2015 11:55 am

I see some sets are 2 boules and some 3. From memory I think the normal game is with 2, am I right?

Carol&John Mar 2nd 2015 7:30 am

The rules for boules are beyond me, so had to look it up. It says, for triples, two balls are used. For singles/doubles, then three balls, unless someone knows otherwise?

Ramon Mar 2nd 2015 7:48 am

Back to previous page and watch video with the rules...

Jon-Bxl Mar 2nd 2015 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Ramon (Post 11580494)
Back to previous page and watch video with the rules...

Also on the previous page I mention that we play a 'short game' which isn't the standard Boules rules, but is faster and as much fun.

All people and 'games preferences' welcome when the Boules restart in April

Jon

MikeJ Mar 2nd 2015 4:23 pm

As there seem to be two schools of boules/petanque (the Continuous Casuals vs the Start in Aprils) why not start a league? :o

EsuriJohn Mar 2nd 2015 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by MikeJ (Post 11580872)
As there seem to be two schools of boules/petanque (the Continuous Casuals vs the Start in Aprils) why not start a league? :o

:goodpost:

Jon-Bxl Mar 3rd 2015 5:28 am

Originally Posted by MikeJ (Post 11580872)

One school, with a couple of classes (currently) that all can attend free-of-charge.... and a fun sports day every week :)

More classes available, e.g Egg-in-spoon boules, 3-legged boules, sack-race boules, shin-kicking boules, Morris-dancing boules etc. etc. These versions welcome to join us too - teachers/demonstrators needed :)

Jon

EsuriJohn Mar 3rd 2015 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl (Post 11581391)
One school, with a couple of classes (currently) that all can attend free-of-charge.... and a fun sports day every week :)

More classes available, e.g Egg-in-spoon boules, 3-legged boules, sack-race boules, shin-kicking boules, Morris-dancing boules etc. etc. These versions welcome to join us too - teachers/demonstrators needed :)

Jon

He's back! Well almost.

BILL AND CLAIRE Apr 8th 2015 5:54 am

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl (Post 11473728)
Hi the next boules game is at the kids playground at the T junction a couple of hundred metres past the shop (drive up passing the shop on your right).

Wednesday 19th 3pm.

We may have a few boules to spare, but it would be great if you could bring yr own. Last time there werent enough spare.

Maybe see you there :thumbup:

Jon

PS we arent 'serious' players, just friends getting together for a laugh

Hi All. Boules meeting starting up for the summer THIS MONDAY AT 4PM AND EVERY MONDAY TILL FURTHER NOTICE. Open to old and new players..

EsuriJohn Apr 8th 2015 8:18 am

Originally Posted by BILL AND CLAIRE (Post 11613244)
Hi All. Boules meeting starting up for the summer THIS MONDAY AT 4PM AND EVERY MONDAY TILL FURTHER NOTICE. Open to old and new players..

New Boules set have been acquired so any who did not slip a set into their carry on bag is very welcome to come along and share a set!

Jon-Bxl Apr 12th 2015 9:41 am

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn (Post 11613326)
New Boules set have been acquired so any who did not slip a set into their carry on bag is very welcome to come along and share a set!

We got ours from Decathlon only 7 Euros for three....

Looking forward to playing on Monday..... Thanks to Bill for organising.

Jon

BILL AND CLAIRE Apr 13th 2015 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by BILL AND CLAIRE (Post 11613244)

Great turn out today, Well done to Ray winning two ends at his first game .
and to Kath winning the last end of the day..Looking forward to next Monday
same time same place new faces needed..