Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Derby meet November

Derby meet November

Old Nov 20th 2005, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Bubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Derby meet November

Originally Posted by haggisUK
Anyone any ideas where to have a few drinks before the meal which isn't too far from Pepitos?? I've never been drinking over that side of town before so I'm not sure where things are!!

I take it everyone who said they were going before is still going??

Salsa + Prince William
Sparks124 + Nicky
Laura + Steve
Me + Steve (Flib)
Tracy and Mark
Tracy and Ian
Sharon and Neill

We don't have to pre-book meals as long as the numbers are below 15.
Mark and i are still coming, prince charming anmd salsa are too, on hols this week.

Sorry can't think of a nice pub near there, anyone else have any ideas??

Tracy
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

haggisUK will become famous soon enough

What about the Weatherspoons up the back of Waterstones? Is it the Babington - not great inside but cheap and not too far from Pepitos. otherwise not sure where else to go!!
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Bubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura about

What about the Weatherspoons up the back of Waterstones? Is it the Babington - not great inside but cheap and not too far from Pepitos. otherwise not sure where else to go!!
Hi

sounds good, called the babington arms, my train doesn't get in till 7pm so will nip home, probably meet up at pepitos

tracy
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

I don't seem to have any suggestions about where to meet before the meal so for easiness sake, why don't we all meet for the meal at 8pm. If anyone does want to meet beforehand for a drink, PM me and we'll sort it out that way. Otherwise we'll see everyone there!!

For those of you who don't know where it is, its Pepitos, on London Road in Derby (opposite the Derby Royal Infirmary). If anyone wants more detailed instructions, again PM me with which direction your coming from and I'll give you directions.

See you Saturday!!
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 11:22 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Hola!!

Yes, we're back!
Looking forward to Saturday!
Brrrrrhhhh, freezing here!

Old Nov 24th 2005, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by SalSa
Hola!!

Yes, we're back!
Looking forward to Saturday!
Brrrrrhhhh, freezing here!

Glad your back! will have to give us the full low down on Saturday. Will try desperately to remember the Melbourne DVD!
Old Nov 25th 2005, 3:18 am
Finding a way out........

uktruckie is on a distinguished road

Good Luck with the meal, I would have liked to have come and meet you all and see how far all of you have got with the migration process, but I work away most weekends so I wish you all good luck.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 7:06 am
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by uktruckie
Good Luck with the meal, I would have liked to have come and meet you all and see how far all of you have got with the migration process, but I work away most weekends so I wish you all good luck.
It's a shame you can't make it! How far are you with your application? And where do you hope to go?
Old Nov 25th 2005, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

There's a pub just down from Pepitos on London Road called the Crown & Cushion - no idea what its like, looks OK. Steve and myself will be in there from about 7.15/7.30 if anyone wants to join us for a quick few before the meal. Meal is still at 8.00!!

See y'all tomorrow!! :-)

Mairi
Old Nov 25th 2005, 9:45 pm
Love it here!

There's a pub just down from Pepitos on London Road called the Crown & Cushion - no idea what its like, looks OK. Steve and myself will be in there from about 7.15/7.30 if anyone wants to join us for a quick few before the meal. Meal is still at 8.00!!

See y'all tomorrow!! :-)

Mairi
We'll meet you there then...... don't want you chatting to any strangers giving them some more bull about emigrating and inviting them to stay at your house :scared:
I'm afraid it's Chris's turn to drive.... sorry Steve!
Where's the best place to park??
Old Nov 26th 2005, 4:48 am
Finding a way out........

uktruckie is on a distinguished road

It's a shame you can't make it! How far are you with your application? And where do you hope to go?
My application is very slow at present, Looking for a sponsor in Oz which is taking the time.

I noticed your from Heanor.

My wife and I had a Christmas shop there last year in the old Delta shoe shop.

Good luck down get too sloshed
Old Nov 26th 2005, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

We'll meet you there then...... don't want you chatting to any strangers giving them some more bull about emigrating and inviting them to stay at your house :scared:
Round the back of Pepitos there is a public car park. Yeah your probably right about being left alone in the pub...our patio is getting far too small for all the victims...i mean guests...that stop at ours :-)
Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Oh no are you not bussing it in tonight then?
Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by uktruckie
My application is very slow at present, Looking for a sponsor in Oz which is taking the time.

I noticed your from Heanor.

My wife and I had a Christmas shop there last year in the old Delta shoe shop.

Good luck down get too sloshed
You will have to come to the next one! the more the merrier
Old Nov 26th 2005, 10:28 am
Love it here!

Originally Posted by MrFlibbleUK
Oh no are you not bussing it in tonight then?

Just checked out bus timetable and they're every hour 'til 2.35am!!
Leave from Corporation St, do you know where that is???
Just depends whether his maj will slum it!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.