Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Yum Cha in Melbourne where is good

Yum Cha in Melbourne where is good

Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light
Default Yum Cha in Melbourne where is good

Hey

really important question??????

Does anyone know of any decent Yum Cha restaurants in Melbourne, i used to go to Eastern Sunrise in Wellington New Zealand which was great. It was the Yum cha that is brought around on a cart, literally offered various dishes every 5 mins or so. Really good way to have interesting tasty food that cheap and great for groups.

Anyway i miss it, with the large chinese populations here i thought it would be good, we went to one place on China town and it wasnt wonderful. Everything tasted the same, just wasnt right.

Aus has been good so far, the only thing i can complain about is the lack of decent yum cha. Oh and the boredom of hearing about Heath Ledgers death, so over that already. Can you tell im really bored working night shift.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 7:35 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yum Cha in Melbourne where is good

Originally Posted by Sugo
Hey

Does anyone know of any decent Yum Cha restaurants in Melbourne, i used to go to Eastern Sunrise in Wellington New Zealand which was great. It was the Yum cha that is brought around on a cart, literally offered various dishes every 5 mins or so. Really good way to have interesting tasty food that cheap and great for groups.

Anyway i miss it, with the large chinese populations here i thought it would be good, we went to one place on China town and it wasnt wonderful. Everything tasted the same, just wasnt right.

Aus has been good so far, the only thing i can complain about is the lack of decent yum cha. Oh and the boredom of hearing about Heath Ledgers death, so over that already. Can you tell im really bored working night shift.
Do you guys have a car yet?

These are areas you could try:
Boxhill - close to Centro
Springvale
Doncaster
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sugo
Hey

Try Plume in Doncaster. Not cheap but worth the expense as some of the others we have had have been very ordinary and not worthy of a repeat visit. Lot of Asians eat there so that is always a good sign. NB They have two sittings on Sunday.

HTH
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 11:06 am
CHC-MEL commute since 91

derab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud of

I personally like the Red Emperor in southbank

It has the trolley every few minutes and you can either opt to pay a flat fee or pay by the basket.

the food is good, i normally just pay the flat fee, but i cant remember what that is..