Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Your School days.....

Your School days.....

Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:04 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Your School days.....

I would have thought that at the age of 38 years old, little could make me go back to schoolgirl fears of education.

But that has all changed. Due to start Uni next week, I received a letter saying we would all be expected to see Occupational health.

Shitting my pants, I thought I should come clean that I am still using one crutch for walking, although this is only for another week.

Phoning them up, I nervously told the nurse; 'You know when I had my medical, I said I twisted my ankle in the lezzer pole dancing club in Thailand?'

'Oh yes, I remember' Nurse replied, I could almost see her smiling.

'Well, the hospital told me it was a sprain, well its sort of, errr, well you see my leg wasnt sprained'

'Yes' Nurse replied making it sound a very long 'yes'.

'Well, its sort of - well my fibula was fractured. But its getting better, its healed and im only using one crutch for two more weeks' I said all in one breath.

'OK, I see, well come and see us Monday and we will discuss it' Nurse said.

Putting down the phone and worrying they will say 'Nope, we don't want people that dance in Lesbian Pole dancing clubs in Patong with broken legs, you can sod off', I crumpled and made myself some tea and toast.

I can just imagine, going to Uni and reverting back to my youth. Where new girls had their satchells kicked around the classroom.

One boy with Elton John Glasses and ginger hair called Gregory, had his caliper taken off him on grounds he was showing off :scared:

You see, I can visualise them taking my crutch away or nicking my lunch and ganging up in the toilets, having a crafty fag and stopping talking when I walk in.

I don't know, all this education brings thoughts of school days back with a bump.

There was this fat kid called Duncan who use to fart in class and then look round approvingly and tell people to 'sniff' the aroma.

Then you had the 'brown nose' who sat at the front, knew the answers to EVERYTHING and we would beg her to help us.

You have the 'sensible crowd' who have latched on to one another because noone else would hang around with them.

They always wore the school uniform properly and brought in 2 ham sandwiches, an apple and a carton of orange.

The school disco was a nightmare. It had those spinning lights of multi colour and they would always play 'Blondie' and Kim Wilde'.

People would try very hard to snog the prettiest girl or boy and then declare them to be 'their boyfriend/girlfriend and if they were lucky, get a love bite.

So you can see why Im nervous :scared:

Can any of you remember your school days and post something funny to cheer me up?
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:08 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Your School days.....

I have tried to block out my school days

Though when I went back and studied Anatomy & Physiology as part of a Diploma when I was 29 I loved it!

Best of luck with it all.

MM x
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Don't even think about going in on your birthday - you just know they'll pull your hair (and at your age that's a lot of hair pulling!!)
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:14 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
I have tried to block out my school days

Though when I went back and studied Anatomy & Physiology as part of a Diploma when I was 29 I loved it!

Best of luck with it all.

MM x
I hated school with a passion, an all boys school and it was very rough.

However I went back into education 2 years ago and have just enroled for my final year., Things are very different when you become older and wiser, oh and more focused on the future.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:14 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Why is there always a fat ginger kid that takes delight in farting?
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:16 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

I know thee is always a fat ginger kid who we take delight in beating
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:17 pm

Was I at your school - only kidding, I NEVER fart
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:18 pm
Born to be wild....

Was I at your school - only kidding, I NEVER fart

DID YOU GO TO MINE ?

Cos you would have got a kicking
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Brisben
I know thee is always a fat ginger kid who we take delight in beating

Cruel.

We had this spanish girl with a big nose who always smelt strongly of garlic. She use to make me feel sick.

Then there was the school sex symbol who had huge titties and all the boys would fight to touch them.

Have you noticed the girls that were sex symbols and popular at school, try very hard to hang on to that.

I saw one of the sex symbol girls in a pub about 15 years after leaving school and she had the same haircut and same way of doing her makeup.

The school dinners were quite scary too. :scared:
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:20 pm

DID YOU GO TO MINE ?

Cos you would have got a kicking
LOL - nupe I was one of those standard kinda girls really, I have a high forehead and used to be called TEFAL! :scared: Needless to say I always travel with a fringe
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:21 pm
Born to be wild....

Cruel.

We had this spanish girl with a big nose who always smelt strongly of garlic. She use to make me feel sick.

Then there was the school sex symbol who had huge titties and all the boys would fight to touch them.

Have you noticed the girls that were sex symbols and popular at school, try very hard to hang on to that.

I saw one of the sex symbol girls in a pub about 15 years after leaving school and she had the same haircut and same way of doing her makeup.

The school dinners were quite scary too. :scared:

Funny that Sam cos the sex symbols at school are far from that now, but the frumpy geek who wore milk bottle bottom type glasses, is like a darlin now....Weird..
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:22 pm

LOL - nupe I was one of those standard kinda girls really, I have a high forehead and used to be called TEFAL! :scared: Needless to say I always travel with a fringe

I got called 'skeleton' a few times. And I was picked on for bringing in jam sarnies once.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:22 pm
Born to be wild....

I got called 'skeleton' a few times. And I was picked on for bringing in jam sarnies once.

That would explain why your plump now
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:24 pm

Funny that Sam cos the sex symbols at school are far from that now, but the frumpy geek who wore milk bottle bottom type glasses, is like a darlin now....Weird..

So true, not that i have met the geeks. I would rather stuff pins in my beaver than go to a school reunion.

I have no interest in contacting those I went to school with.

I looked like a duck when I was a kid. When I see my pictures, my god - paper bag job.

Childhood comments can sometimes stay with you.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:25 pm

That would explain why your plump now

You saying im fat you bastard?

The fat on me is in my tits.

The fat on you however is your mouth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.