Wikiposts

Your opinion?

Old Feb 19th 2007, 10:15 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Your opinion?

Ok so should be moving to Melbourne later this year, aiming for August but we'll see?

Had a rare deep discussion with hubby about finances over there - OOooooh bad move lol

Firstly any advice to help us get a better picture would be ace, cause been looking into loads of things.

We want to budget to begin with renting a property for up to $350p.w preferably around $280 for a 4 bed one storey (yep I have seen them on realestate agents website).

Hubby, me and 3 kids, anyone give me some idea of bill costs???? Just so I can work out how much if anything we'll have spare ????

Secondly we should be going out with just over £100,000 (would have been more but hubby kept adding to the mortgage so ended up more than the original amount (d'oh)

We are laning more towards buying a plot of land and building on it.
How do-able is a $300,000 mortgage over there????
Hubby should be earning $950p.w to start with ????

Jen
Old Feb 19th 2007, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Your opinion?

Originally Posted by JenJen
Ok so should be moving to Melbourne later this year, aiming for August but we'll see?

Had a rare deep discussion with hubby about finances over there - OOooooh bad move lol

Firstly any advice to help us get a better picture would be ace, cause been looking into loads of things.

We want to budget to begin with renting a property for up to $350p.w preferably around $280 for a 4 bed one storey (yep I have seen them on realestate agents website).

Hubby, me and 3 kids, anyone give me some idea of bill costs???? Just so I can work out how much if anything we'll have spare ????

Secondly we should be going out with just over £100,000 (would have been more but hubby kept adding to the mortgage so ended up more than the original amount (d'oh)

Jen

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427645

Might give you some insight
Old Feb 19th 2007, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Jen
$280 a week is possible out near where we are building for a 4 bed house (about 50 mins in train from CBD) but I'm not sure how doable that would be if you wanted to be further in. We are also currently rnting a 2 bed house in Newport for $300 a week!

Our total house build cost is about $240,000 and that is excluding the land which was given to us for free. (5 acres out near Mt. Macedon). You can get house and land packages for around $200,000 if you don't mind being on one of the new developments where you have neighbours houses right on your boundary line So I guess as far as the house build goes, you will have to wait until you know where you want to build to know if $300,000 will be enough
Old Feb 19th 2007, 10:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Teliko21
$280 a week is possible out near where we are building for a 4 bed house (about 50 mins in train from CBD) but I'm not sure how doable that would be if you wanted to be further in. We are also currently rnting a 2 bed house in Newport for $300 a week!

Our total house build cost is about $240,000 and that is excluding the land which was given to us for free. (5 acres out near Mt. Macedon). You can get house and land packages for around $200,000 if you don't mind being on one of the new developments where you have neighbours houses right on your boundary line So I guess as far as the house build goes, you will have to wait until you know where you want to build to know if $300,000 will be enough
Thanks windog will check out that link first thing - can hardly keep my eyes open right now.

Where is it your building Teliko?? Newport i've heard is quite expensive, we want to be more south of you - Point Cook !!!
The house we like and looked round last year is around $245,000 with the extras it'll prob be more like $270,000 but thought with landscaping and anything else might aswell round it up to $300,000 we will prob have enough from the house sale (haha we hope) to buy a piece of land so would be gettin the mortgage to pay for the house etc

Jen
Old Feb 19th 2007, 10:46 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

why oh why did i read this thread, am away back under the duvet
Old Feb 19th 2007, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks windog will check out that link first thing - can hardly keep my eyes open right now.

Where is it your building Teliko?? Newport i've heard is quite expensive, we want to be more south of you - Point Cook !!!
The house we like and looked round last year is around $245,000 with the extras it'll prob be more like $270,000 but thought with landscaping and anything else might aswell round it up to $300,000 we will prob have enough from the house sale (haha we hope) to buy a piece of land so would be gettin the mortgage to pay for the house etc

Jen
We are building out in Riddells Creek at the base of Mt. Macedon. We love being out in the countryside and are sick of being surrounded on all sides by houses so a place like Point Cook would never be an option for us.

Our house build is costing $244,000 not including driveway, garden etc and today we have just had a $10,000 septic grey water system installed and then there are various other things we are doing ourselves so I think we are going to easily make it to $300,000 when everything is done. To have 2 phone lines installed is costing close to $1000 all by itself! Telstra suck
Old Feb 19th 2007, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Margaret3
Nooooo come out, its a lovely day today
Old Feb 19th 2007, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Come on be brave
Old Feb 19th 2007, 10:54 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope am definately unsubscribing i cant bear to listen to 'is £100,000 enough one more time', especially when we're going with very limited funds
Old Feb 19th 2007, 7:49 pm
Account Closed

Nope am definately unsubscribing i cant bear to listen to 'is £100,000 enough one more time', especially when we're going with very limited funds
VERY SORRY. Will shut my mouth and go back to bed then
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 5:49 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

VERY SORRY. Will shut my mouth and go back to bed then
My! Someone's touchy!
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 6:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
My! Someone's touchy!
Yep sure was that day fluffy

Jen
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 6:58 am

Yep sure was that day fluffy

Jen
'fraid I'm with M3 though!

Sure you'll be just fine with your 'limited' funds!
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
'fraid I'm with M3 though!

Sure you'll be just fine with your 'limited' funds!
Jen wasn't bragging in my opinion, just asking a question
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by curly
Jen wasn't bragging in my opinion, just asking a question
Nobody implied that she was 'bragging'!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.