Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Your latest departure date?

Your latest departure date?

Old Aug 30th 2005, 1:04 pm
In The Sunshiiiiinnnnnne

Comer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant future
Default Your latest departure date?

My house move is plodding along albeit very slowly and I hoping for a completion date of early November. Now what with a work notice period (less holiday) I reckon I could arrive in Sydney around Nov 20th.

This is fine but if it slips anymore then I'm wondering whether to spend a final Xmas, Birthday and New Years with my folks because I had a really cr@p one last year. I may disregard Xmas because I'm so keen to get out there and get myself a new job lined up for the New Year.

I wondered whether anyone has previously left for Oz on a date very close to Xmas or is intending to?

Cheers
Old Aug 30th 2005, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice
Default Re: Your latest departure date?

We're landing on the 2nd Dec. We're spending Christmas with my husband's family. I'm hoping to be able to get my CV out and about before xmas, so that in the new year I can have some interviews lined up. I will be okay for work (I'm a town planner) but my husband thinks it might take him a while as he is a fitter and turner, or maybe he want's to be a house husband
Old Aug 30th 2005, 1:48 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Comer
My house move is plodding along albeit very slowly and I hoping for a completion date of early November. Now what with a work notice period (less holiday) I reckon I could arrive in Sydney around Nov 20th.

This is fine but if it slips anymore then I'm wondering whether to spend a final Xmas, Birthday and New Years with my folks because I had a really cr@p one last year. I may disregard Xmas because I'm so keen to get out there and get myself a new job lined up for the New Year.

I wondered whether anyone has previously left for Oz on a date very close to Xmas or is intending to?

Cheers
Ooh your fare to Oz will be more coz if you are travelling near Xmas.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 2:01 pm
Home at last

michellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to all

all the personal stuff is up to you, but just be aware that the price of flights goes up significantly around about the 9th / 10th December every year (which ever day falls on a Friday) and the flightest closest to this date working backwards are often sold out by the middle of the year (we fly back to Oz every second Christmas and have to book by May to ensure we can travel in the first week of December).

My parents are currently having a bit of nightmare trying to arrange flights back to Australia in the week before Christmas - I am having a baby end of nov and they are coming over for that but want to be back in Perth for christmas Day and it's proving a bit of a challenge.

also, be aware that there isn;t much activity in the housing market at that time fo the year either Pretty much mid-dec - mid January sees the market dry right up. We've not had much luck trying to see home opens at that time of the year and the real estate section of the paper is significantly smaller.

On the plus side, it's a lovely time fo the year and lots of aussies are in holiday mode, so you'll have a nice relaxing time when you do arrive!

Michelle
Old Aug 30th 2005, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

We go on the 2nd (as said above) we fly Cathy from Heathrow to Melbourne for £350 each one way. Hope that helps. When we booked a week later bumped the tickets up about £150 each if I remember rightly. We booked back in Feb though. I packed my Xmas decorations yesterday for shipping next weekend. it was strange to think the next time I saw them it would be on the other side of the world.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 2:59 pm
In The Sunshiiiiinnnnnne

Comer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant future

Many thanks for the flight costs tip it will help me when I get my completion date