Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Your house in the UK cost .. and your house in Oz cost ...

Your house in the UK cost .. and your house in Oz cost ...

Old Aug 6th 2005, 8:55 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Default Re: Your house in the UK cost .. and your house in Oz cost ...

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Aren't you all lucky, where do all the poor people go from north of the border
NOR of river is expensive...or more so than the south...I have observed from hours on the housing web sites...Id need a mortgage to live north of the river and I dont want one really...thats half the point of going...Im talking perth...perhaps I should have mentioned that

Last edited by peppi; Aug 6th 2005 at 8:57 pm.
Old Aug 6th 2005, 9:18 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Hope to sell house here for around 420K GBP, go with about 250K GBP equity (bloody great mortgage here!!!) and buy on Gold Coast for around 350-400K AUD, therefore no mortgage. Yippee! Mind you, by the time we've bought a couple of cars and furnished the new pad there won't be much left
Old Aug 7th 2005, 4:12 am
joveazey

Hi,

We sold our 2 bed terraced Victorian cottage for £212k and bought our 4 x 2 with pool for $370k

Best regards,

Jo

Old Aug 7th 2005, 4:34 am
wombat42

Originally Posted by jjonboy
Just curious, where are you heading??? $200k doesn't sound a lot??
You can get a good house for $200K out in Woop Woop.
One of those one pub, dying bush towns in the middle of nowhere.
What about Adelaide.

Last edited by wombat42; Aug 7th 2005 at 6:12 am.

Old Aug 7th 2005, 7:22 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Heeeey Wombat's back. They let you out early for good behaviour, or did you change lawyers and get off on appeal? Whatever, welcome back ya big whinging ozzie.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 7:40 am
wombat42

Originally Posted by Hutch
Heeeey Wombat's back. They let you out early for good behaviour, or did you change lawyers and get off on appeal? .
Neither, l escaped Wombats are good at digging tunnels.

Last edited by wombat42; Aug 7th 2005 at 7:44 am.

Old Aug 7th 2005, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

We have just dropped the price of our house by £20K and are hoping to sell for around £280k. We are looking for a property around the $450K mark and will have a whopping mortgage to boot (we have to pay off a big mortgage here and get cars, etc over there!). But we don't mind - we are going for the outdoors lifestyle, so hopefully we will be able to save money to put into the mortgage.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 10:30 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kaz,n,jeff
sold 4 bed 2 bath semi in ribble vally£210 bought property with land baldivis wa $850. no morgage!!
Hi there,
We are interested in Baldivis. Hubby and son looked at Tranby College last year. My son liked it but hubby thought it was very hot around there, certainly hotter than Living Waters Lutheran College (Warnbro) and the areas around the schools we looked at in Mandurah. We were not sure if that was because it was just a particularly hot day or whether it was perhaps because the Freo Dr/sea breezes do not reach Baldivis?

Hope you are enjoying your life in WA.
ACE
Old Aug 7th 2005, 11:00 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by peppi
NOR of river is expensive...or more so than the south...I have observed from hours on the housing web sites...Id need a mortgage to live north of the river and I dont want one really...thats half the point of going...Im talking perth...perhaps I should have mentioned that

Sorry my message was not clear, I was just a bit down when reading these, so posted in haste, after reading thes. I stay north of the border in Britain and although I have a house to sell , will no way on this earth make the kind of money that people are talking about on here, beginning to think we are too poor to go to aus, as especially perth, seems to be going to be filled with Brits with loads of dosh.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Just interested (alright, downright bloody nosey, if you're to believe the missus) as to what price property people left in the UK and then bought in Oz. Simple prices will do. For instance, we're selling a £210k house and hoping to buy in the $420k region.
we sold for 190,000 pound, we are building 5 bed, study, kitchen, family room, dining room, games room ,theatre room, 2 baths and laundry double remote contol garage, total cost inc land, 240,000 dollars. Will be in by xmas.
Bunbury WA
Old Aug 7th 2005, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranni
we sold for 190,000 pound, we are building 5 bed, study, kitchen, family room, dining room, games room ,theatre room, 2 baths and laundry double remote contol garage, total cost inc land, 240,000 dollars. Will be in by xmas.
Bunbury WA
* 5 Beds?
* study?
* Kitchen?
* Family room?
* Dining room?
* Games room?
* Theatre room?
* 2 Baths?
* Laundry?
* Double garage?

All for $240,000, including land? :scared:

Sorry, had to repeat all that as I can't quite believe it. :scared:
How big is the block you are building on?
Old Aug 7th 2005, 11:54 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by steandleigh
* 5 Beds?
* study?
* Kitchen?
* Family room?
* Dining room?
* Games room?
* Theatre room?
* 2 Baths?
* Laundry?
* Double garage?

Must admit. I thought it was a wind-up too

It'll be in Papua New Guinnea

Old Aug 7th 2005, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh
* 5 Beds?
* study?
* Kitchen?
* Family room?
* Dining room?
* Games room?
* Theatre room?
* 2 Baths?
* Laundry?
* Double garage?

Absolutely true, land was 90000 the house to build 150000. land is 670 sq metres, its a beautiful place called Dalyellup beach, in a forest by the sea, we are across from a beautiful clean park and 2 mins from the indian ocean. If you go 15 mins inland you can 8 acres for about 130 000 dollars. We are 2 hours south of Perth.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 11:56 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Absolutely true, land was 90000 the house to build 150000. land is 670 sq metres, its a beautiful place called Dalyellup beach, in a forest by the sea, we are across from a beautiful clean park and 2 mins from the indian ocean. If you go 15 mins inland you can 8 acres for about 130 000 dollars. We are 2 hours south of Perth.
Blimey. Now that IS a bargain

Old Aug 7th 2005, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Crikey! :scared: Are you using up all the 670sq metres for the house or will you have any garden space? I'm nosey, aren't I?!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.