Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Your honest opinions please

Your honest opinions please

Old Jul 19th 2004, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Question Your honest opinions please

Just got in from work and apparently the doctor has been trying to track my dad down today. Rang the surgery, and got through to the doc.
My dad had to have a chest x-ray last week, he has been called back as there is a shadow.

I am not jumping to any conclusions, but am not stupid. dad packed up the fgas about 3 months ago, at the age of 65. He started smoking when he was 12.

I am grasping at straws, but what else could this be?
Anyone have any ideas?
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Your honest opinions please

Sandra, i really don't know what could be causing the shadow and i'm not going to hazzard a guess but all i will say is at least your dad's doctor is on the case. I know its a silly thing to say but try not to worry too much, thinking of you mate, with everything crossed
hugs from
Rach x
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Cant help but worry......trouble is a couple of weeks ago he thought he was dying of TB and it became a bit of a joke in the family. We would nip round and say things like `See your still alive then?`

Even he used to laugh and tell us to shut up.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sandra, dunno the answer to your question, but hope he is going to be alright... take care matey,
Larissa
Old Jul 19th 2004, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Hi Sandra

Can't help with the query but can let you know we're all here thinking of you and family. I had something a little similar a year ago with my dad, glad to tell you he is A1 now.

Lindsey
Old Jul 19th 2004, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally posted by sj oldfield
Just got in from work and apparently the doctor has been trying to track my dad down today. Rang the surgery, and got through to the doc.
My dad had to have a chest x-ray last week, he has been called back as there is a shadow.

I am not jumping to any conclusions, but am not stupid. dad packed up the fgas about 3 months ago, at the age of 65. He started smoking when he was 12.

I am grasping at straws, but what else could this be?
Anyone have any ideas?
Hi,

I am sorry to hear that and I hope for all you family's sake that he is ok.

I won't go into my story in great depth, but can I just offer you a small tip. The docs may suggest that the shadow is a bad chest infection or pnuemonia, and it is possible that it could be either of these. However don't let them just give him course after course of antibiotics. Insist that you have proper tests as to what it can be. If it is the worst case scenario at least that way you have a chance to catch it early and get something done about it straight away.

Hope it all works out for you

Dave
Old Jul 20th 2004, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough

Hi there - I have known a shadow on the lung be something less serious. However as advised above don't let them fob you off - as it's always better to make sure you have all the info etc.

Best of luck and hope things work out well
Old Jul 20th 2004, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

It could be quite a few less "serious" things, but obviously should be welled checked out.

When my oldest daughter was 10yrs old her right lung collapsed and the x ray for that looked like a big dark shadow. Although she was in hospital for a few weeks, it mended itself with medication and physiotherapy and she didnt need an operation in the end.
Of course all cases are different etc.

Hope all goes well for him.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 10:11 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed for your dad Sandra

Petra xx
Old Jul 20th 2004, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all for your thoughts. Wish i was a stronger person emotionally, things have all got too much for me at the moment and am feeling completely numb.

Love

S
xxxxxxxxxxx
Old Jul 20th 2004, 12:21 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Thank you all for your thoughts. Wish i was a stronger person emotionally, things have all got too much for me at the moment and am feeling completely numb.

Love

S
xxxxxxxxxxx

Oh Sandra, you poor thing. I know everyone on here is always a round should you need to pour your heart out/ have a moan/ share some news/ etc etc.

Doesn't really matter how 'strong' a person you are, most people have a breaking point I think. Really hope everything works out for you
Old Jul 20th 2004, 12:27 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm...thinking of you Sandra, having been through the scary stuff with my mum. My advice is to wait until you know more until you panic. After that, you have to prepare for the worst but hope for the best. Just remember how bad things looked for my mum, and now there she is, back at work, looking fit as a fiddle.

We're here if you need us....
Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:28 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Hope all will be ok
Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Sandra

Sorry about your dad, fingers crossed all will be ok

My dad had recently just suffered his third stroke in a matter of months and it was thought that he would need an op on his brain as they thought blocked arteries were the cause, well they have come back clear. Also he has been put on new medication and the change in him is great.

Hugs to you and yours

footie xx
Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:55 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

hi Sandra. hope your dad will be ok. my brother in law smoked for decades (still does). he went for a chest xray and the doc saw a shadow, then they did a scan that glows if its cancer. came back glowing, then they scheduled him for immediate surgery. looked really bad. after surgery, docs said it was a non contagious form of TB, all contained, and they took it all out. GONE! never heard of that before but anyway, he's home fine now. docs were even amazed! my prayers out for your dad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.