Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

your container arriving poll

View Poll Results: how long was it before your container was released and you got your stuff delivered
1 week
26.32%
2 weeks
26.32%
3 weeks
5.26%
1 month or more
42.11%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

your container arriving poll

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default your container arriving poll

Once your shipping container arrived how long was it until your goods where released ? As I was told up to 2 weeks for customs clearance yet poor Polly's is taking ages ??

Also who did you use ?
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 7:17 pm
Sydneysider and lovin it!

Dinky is on a distinguished road
Default Re: your container arriving poll

Originally posted by Carrianne
Once your shipping container arrived how long was it until your goods where released ? As I was told up to 2 weeks for customs clearance yet poor Polly's is taking ages ??

Also who did you use ?
Ours left the UK on the 3rd November and arrived in Oz on the 11th December. Sat with customs etc until 18th Jan when it finally arrived!

Use Robinsons. Very good in the UK very poor in Oz.
Also check quality of wrapping used. Our Sofa's etc arrived scuffed due to poor packing.

Good luck

Dinky
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 8:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

My timeline so far is - goods collected 15th October, majority left Tilbury 16th November, arrived Brisbane 27th December. I was told yesterday they will probably open the container next week (approx Jan 28th).
The rest of the shipment was left in England by ***** ******** cos they "forgot to load it" - their words" They have now loaded it "unmanifested" into an unspecified container, andi have to hope the shippers this end can spot the 3 boxes that are mine. I hold out no hope that they'll be in any sort of good condition, if they ever surface!
Also one box - I think it was the one with the video in - was dropped down the stairs by the removal guys! So I doubt that will be fit to use, and they said I have no recourse against them for it cos I did self-pack, hence am covered for loss, not breakage!

The whole experience has taught me one thing- I'm here to stay, theres no way I'm going through all that again!
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 8:56 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Carrianne

Also who did you use ?

Ours arrived on December 4th and we are getting delivery next Yuesday (27th). We have got used to camping and cannot wait for the stuff to arrive. Our customs bill was $865. This was maily due to Hev's beauty therapy couch. We had declared it and they originally wanted to treat the entire container as commercial but they backed down on that. They then work out the value at new, add sales tax and GST....hooray (Robbing bastards)

It didn't help our stuff getting here over the Christmas period where customs shut down for a few weeks (bastards)

The bill also wasn't help by Hev the dizzy cow leaving the 2 effing whicker christmas decorations in the box ($55 each to be destroyed).

But no point stressing our stuff arrives next Tuesday (Insurance claims ahoy!!!! Not being cynical or nothing) and we will have our proper sofas and beds etc and Niall will have his beloved Playstation 2
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 12:02 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HUP
Ours arrived on December 4th and we are getting delivery next Yuesday (27th). We have got used to camping and cannot wait for the stuff to arrive. Our customs bill was $865. This was maily due to Hev's beauty therapy couch. We had declared it and they originally wanted to treat the entire container as commercial but they backed down on that. They then work out the value at new, add sales tax and GST....hooray (Robbing bastards)

It didn't help our stuff getting here over the Christmas period where customs shut down for a few weeks (bastards)

The bill also wasn't help by Hev the dizzy cow leaving the 2 effing whicker christmas decorations in the box ($55 each to be destroyed).

But no point stressing our stuff arrives next Tuesday (Insurance claims ahoy!!!! Not being cynical or nothing) and we will have our proper sofas and beds etc and Niall will have his beloved Playstation 2
The same dizzy cow who cooks ya tea lovingly each night when you get home from work
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 12:03 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

oh yeah and in anser, like Matt says, friggin ages. Bastards!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 12:07 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by h garrett
The same dizzy cow who cooks ya tea lovingly each night when you get home from work

Hmmm let me see....last night....charcoal chicken......night before pizzas which I painstakingly cooked and sliced....... I'm sure there was another charcoal chicken in there a few days ago as well....Weekend barbi by me.

No but seriously folks she does cook now and then.

But you were a dizzy cow for leaving them in !!!!!!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 12:18 am
Badge

Originally posted by HUP
Hmmm let me see....last night....charcoal chicken......night before pizzas which I painstakingly cooked and sliced....... I'm sure there was another charcoal chicken in there a few days ago as well....Weekend barbi by me.

No but seriously folks she does cook now and then.

But you were a dizzy cow for leaving them in !!!!!!!!
Mrs G carves a nice bit of chicken I'd like to add

BM

Old Jan 23rd 2004, 12:38 am
HUP
Brain Drained

Originally posted by badgersmount
Mrs G carves a nice bit of chicken I'd like to add

BM
Yeah you were lucky we normally just rip it off the bones . I was suprised she hadn't put the napkins out
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

I wouldn't use Robinsons-they were terrible in the UK and in Oz. Our "personal" move manger was sacked shortly after-no wonder he wasn't replying to our letters but they did not let us know that!

Originally posted by Dinky
Ours left the UK on the 3rd November and arrived in Oz on the 11th December. Sat with customs etc until 18th Jan when it finally arrived!

Use Robinsons. Very good in the UK very poor in Oz.
Also check quality of wrapping used. Our Sofa's etc arrived scuffed due to poor packing.

Good luck

Dinky
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

The Simpsons is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry

Originally posted by Pollyana
My timeline so far is - goods collected 15th October, majority left Tilbury 16th November, arrived Brisbane 27th December. I was told yesterday they will probably open the container next week (approx Jan 28th).
The rest of the shipment was left in England by ***** ******** cos they "forgot to load it" - their words" They have now loaded it "unmanifested" into an unspecified container, andi have to hope the shippers this end can spot the 3 boxes that are mine. I hold out no hope that they'll be in any sort of good condition, if they ever surface!
Also one box - I think it was the one with the video in - was dropped down the stairs by the removal guys! So I doubt that will be fit to use, and they said I have no recourse against them for it cos I did self-pack, hence am covered for loss, not breakage!

The whole experience has taught me one thing- I'm here to stay, theres no way I'm going through all that again!

I'm following your horror shipping story very closely at the moment! Especially as I used Anglo Pacific too (London to Auckland), and they've lost one of my most important boxes, which they were supposed to add to my main shipment, but they ended up sending it separately without telling us! Now it's lost between two different depots (lost? stolen? thrown away?) and no one wants to take the responsibility! If I'd known beforehand that it was going on it's own, I would have insured it! It's got family albums in it and my husbands work tools which are worth quite a bit. Incompetent twits!

So, Poll-wise, the main shipment arrived within a week of arrival, but my orphaned little box is taking two months and counting!
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 7:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like my three that they said they "forgot" - no-one is sure what container they are in, or even what ship they are on; they aren't listed on the manifest for the container they're in and they only identifying mark is my surname, and "brisbane" on the side of the box!
Good luck Simpsons, I hope your box does surface eventually.

Let this be a warning for anyone about to book with ***** ********....:scared:
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Thanks all and wow what stories it does help with timescales and I assumed it may only take two weeks for stuff to clear but I think we better make ourselves ready to stay in Palmwoods caravan park for 3 weeks Thankfully I didn't insure everything just the things I felt where important and that included Hubby's tools.

Thanks for the feedback and for the newbies this will be a good read as timing is everything
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Sounds like my three that they said they "forgot" - no-one is sure what container they are in, or even what ship they are on; they aren't listed on the manifest for the container they're in and they only identifying mark is my surname, and "brisbane" on the side of the box!
Good luck Simpsons, I hope your box does surface eventually.

Let this be a warning for anyone about to book with ***** ********....:scared:
OMG Pollyanna. Does this mean Mr Rabbit is not going to make it to the wedding? He had a new suit as well.....
Old Jun 16th 2004, 1:07 am
ABCDiamond

bump

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.