Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

You'll know you've settled when you buy a.......?

You'll know you've settled when you buy a.......?

Old Aug 12th 2005, 6:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default You'll know you've settled when you buy a.......?

Just been thinking about what I would most like to own. The most non-essential but best finishing touch to my life here in Aussie.. Still dont have one yet...

But mine would be, one of those Glass door 410 litre fridges, just for beer, and completly full, most of the time hopefully with all kinds of different beer.

I'm gaining a room soon, cos daughter no 2 is moving, and I'm dreaming big time . Lol
Old Aug 12th 2005, 6:36 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You'll know you've settled when you buy a.......?

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Just been thinking about what I would most like to own. The most non-essential but best finishing touch to my life here in Aussie.. Still dont have one yet...

But mine would be, one of those Glass door 410 litre fridges, just for beer, and completly full, most of the time hopefully with all kinds of different beer.

I'm gaining a room soon, cos daughter no 2 is moving, and I'm dreaming big time . Lol
If you have all that beer lying around you will probably be in dreamland most of the time. but enjoy and send one over for me.

funny the most aussie thing we brought were those great big (could live in it if you fell on hard times) freezers. never have i frozen so much stuff before. been back in the uk for 3 years now and still have a big chest freezer, def a good lesson learnt about saving the food bill from explosion.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

House!

SS
Old Aug 12th 2005, 6:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
House!

SS

Ahhh but...... thats when the money dries up, for about 8 years or there abouts. Of course Children can extend that 'pov" period. Looks like after about 24 years here, we are just coming out of it.

Stella, boags, or guiness anyone lol
Old Aug 12th 2005, 6:52 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Funny, I found the answer to this question by mistake.......
Two Cats! Got them for my wee boy for his birthday and
realised that...hey...I must feel like I'm here for a while then!
Old Aug 12th 2005, 6:53 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

When you buy the large vegemite jar in the shop.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 6:54 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by louise4
been back in the uk for 3 years now and still have a big chest

Don't you love cut & paste.

Sorry Lou.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 7:08 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Don't you love cut & paste.

Sorry Lou.
Aha, but it's all true. the freezer and the chest
Old Aug 12th 2005, 7:27 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Do they actually do them designed for beer?

I know they do the glass door wine ones and my mate bought one to keep his beer in and it doesn;t go cold enough for beer.

Kala
Old Aug 12th 2005, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Do they actually do them designed for beer?

I know they do the glass door wine ones and my mate bought one to keep his beer in and it doesn;t go cold enough for beer.

Kala

Ahhhh A dream shattered !!!!

I assumed they were fully adjustable. Will check them out pronto !!!!!
Old Aug 12th 2005, 8:54 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

My Hubby could relate to that!!!

Cheers
Old Aug 13th 2005, 5:22 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

"Gobble And Go" Hippo
Old Aug 13th 2005, 8:41 am
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

Ahhhh A dream shattered !!!!

I assumed they were fully adjustable. Will check them out pronto !!!!!
Poor Lamb, if the wine one does not go cold enough, how about a vicar of dibley style ice cream one, maybe you could get that to just under freezing.

Nicky
Old Aug 13th 2005, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

A ute to go and buy my stubbies in so i can fill my glass fronted fridge
Old Aug 13th 2005, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by karenjc
A ute to go and buy my stubbies in so i can fill my glass fronted fridge

Now theres a thought... A Ute.

There is something very sexy about a girl driving a Ute.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.