Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

are you ready for oz???

are you ready for oz???

Old Sep 10th 2003, 11:28 pm
dazuk

Default are you ready for oz???

do u want your name to be left in uk?? ie beinng referred 2 as pommie bastard, pom, stinkin pom go have a shower???

Are u ready for shite awful TV, (remember neighbours, home and away are the cream of ozzie tv output)

Are u ready for a return to 1980,s engalnd (sydney) 1950,s (qld)

Are u ready for shite pubs full of people playin pokies, no chance of conversation, unless they hear ur pom voice in which case theyll insult the queen, or some other shite u dont care about.

are u ready for oz??

are u ready for love??

hahahahhahhaha

dreaaaaammmmm on

Old Sep 10th 2003, 11:34 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: are you ready for oz???

Originally posted by dazuk
do u want your name to be left in uk?? ie beinng referred 2 as pommie bastard, pom, stinkin pom go have a shower???

Are u ready for shite awful TV, (remember neighbours, home and away are the cream of ozzie tv output)

Are u ready for shite pubs full of people playin pokies, no chance of conversation, unless they hear ur pom voice in which case theyll insult the queen, or some other shite u dont care about.

are u ready for oz??

are u ready for love??

hahahahhahhaha

dreaaaaammmmm on
Where were you educated? Wherever it was, i don't want my kids growing up there......
Old Sep 10th 2003, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

SAD
Old Sep 10th 2003, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by PeteY
Where were you educated? Wherever it was, i don't want my kids growing up there......
Thats his problem he wasn't educated PERIOD
Old Sep 10th 2003, 11:45 pm
dazuk

so, why was this sad??

Show me any reason why my thread was wrong, and ill buy u a tin of dick smiths beans

Old Sep 10th 2003, 11:48 pm
dazuk

PERIOD, u american???

If not then u reinforce my theory that most aussies are wanna bee yanks

Old Sep 10th 2003, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

PERIOD, u american???

If not then u reinforce my theory that most aussies are wanna bee yanks
And your just reinforceing my original statement regarding your lack of education
Old Sep 10th 2003, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think daz should be insulted for this. He sounds to me to be so sure about what he thinks that he says it strongly. That is human feeling and it is coming from the heart. If more people did that on here (it is only a computer thing after all, and who is he hurting with his stuff? If someone is hurt by this, do not emigrate anywhere, you are not up to it) it would be a lot more useful. Daz has not even aimed it at anyone, but just speaking his mind about Oz. Were you not saying earlier Pete - that's what I love about Ozzies, they speak their mind.

Daz had a bad time in Oz. I think it is better that he says he had a bad time and not try to be "balanced" just to please the forum dictators who want everyone to post what they want to read and even how they want to read it. There are too many forum sherrifs on here. I know someone will say "I don't mind negative posts, I just don't think he should do them like this." To you I say let Daz say what he feels, how he wants to express it, and mind your own. Read it or don't read it, but don't try to shut him up just because he is not saying what you want to hear.

We expats have to read all sorts of so-called positive bull about how fantastic Oz is from those who have only been to the travel agents in Peckham, and they often express themselves with as much energy as Daz expresses himself, but just from the other direction. They are welcome to continue doing so, I am sure we all agree, so let us make room for Daz to say what he thinks.

What will come as a shock to many is that if you actually read what Daz says instead of judging him by his method of expressing himself, there is a lot of truth in it. Certainyl more than most posts on here that extoll the virtues of Oz beyond anyhing realistic. The pokies comment is bang on. The pubs are dire. The insults to poms do happen and like he says.

Wilf
Old Sep 11th 2003, 12:28 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Well I would agree that OZ TV is generally rubbish, that there's always a sesne of the 1980's and 1950's in the air and that the big pubs full of pokies are pretty dire. I've managed to avoid any pom abuse (so far), but don't find aything objectionable or untrue in dazuk's posts. Now if anyone has an opinion that OZ TV is good, the pubs are great and everything in OZ is as modern and up to date as say the UK or US then please feel free to express these opinions here.
Old Sep 11th 2003, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by jayr
Now if anyone has an opinion that OZ TV is good, the pubs are great and everything in OZ is as modern and up to date as say the UK or US then please feel free to express these opinions here.

Bit quiet round here is it not? No takers for your invitation?
Old Sep 11th 2003, 1:09 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Wilf
Bit quiet round here is it not? No takers for your invitation?
Not surprised, I think this thread has probably ended. Can't accuse Dazuk of being anything more than a little boisterous if not prepared to dispute his opinions surely.
Old Sep 11th 2003, 1:09 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Fortunatlely I did not come here to watch TV, sit down the pub all day and buy high fashion and the latest items. I go on holiday to England to do that.

Instead I am disturbed to find myself addicted to this forum. I sneaked for a surf earlier but I felt this urge bringing me back to the PC.

Hello my name is Bondi. I am addicted to this forum.
Old Sep 11th 2003, 1:10 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

One half of the story, the other half is dazuk's baggage.

Are you not just another stinkin pom come to piss your pants?

What you want to watch on TV anyway, SouthEnders?

Whats wrong with 2003 england?

What's a nice wee willied little Pommie doing invading Aussie dens of iniquity?

Her mind is definitely twisted
Shes's got the Mercedis-Benz
She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys
That she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard
Sweet summer sweat
Some dance to remember
Some dance to forget
So I called up the Captain
Please bring me my wine
He said
We haven't had that spirit here since 1969
And still those voices are calling from far away
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say

Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely Place
Such a lovely Place (background)
Such a lovely face
They're livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise
What a nice surprise (background)
Bring your alibies

Straighten up, gut in, chin out, mind in gear! Amazed I waste time on you.
Old Sep 11th 2003, 1:13 am
Karma Comedian

Originally posted by bondipom
Fortunatlely I did not come here to watch TV, sit down the pub all day and buy high fashion and the latest items. I go on holiday to England to do that.

Instead I am disturbed to find myself addicted to this forum. I sneaked for a surf earlier but I felt this urge bringing me back to the PC.

Hello my name is Bondi. I am addicted to this forum.
It's really annoying, especially when you've got some work to do
Old Sep 11th 2003, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by jayr
Not surprised, I think this thread has probably ended. Can't accuse Dazuk of being anything more than a little boisterous if not prepared to dispute his opinions surely.

Probably just me, but I think a fire across the bows like daz's gives an injection in the arm of the forum and if people read through the "passion" they would see some truths, as we both know.

I have seen a lot of people knock others for getting stuff off their chests and giving straight "unbalanced" views, but I am not at all convinced that anything other than unbalanced views exist. Let someone show me an objective person who does not let their own personality, experience, and self-interest enter their statements on a subject (apart from, perhaps, brief moments) and I will show them a worn out library card belonging to Shane Warne or Lord Lucan's acoustic guitar.

Best we can do, on any topic, is to listen to a lot of people, try to see how they may be biased, think for ourselves, and then decide, in my opinion. Trying to stifle people like daz (or me) is not a good start in that process.

Anyway, that is what I think.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.