are you mad

Old Apr 11th 2004, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default are you mad

sick of hearing this question, when telling people about our plans questions they ask are in this order

have u got a job then (no)
have you got somewhere to live (no)
do you know anybody out there (yes)
do you think you are brave doing this (no)
do you think youll be back (no)

then the majority seem to answer are you mad

no just adventerous and sane

arlene
Old Apr 11th 2004, 7:35 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: are you mad

Same here.

do you know anybody out there (no)

But I don't care. I'm not doing it for their benefit and I'm certainly not mad (well, actually ..... !).
Old Apr 11th 2004, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Originally posted by arlene
sick of hearing this question, when telling people about our plans questions they ask are in this order

do you know anybody out there (yes)

then the majority seem to answer are you mad

no just adventerous and sane
arlene
You are not alone. We get asked exactly the same questions and are by the looks of your answers in the same boat as us.

You do get sick of people always raising the negatives. I don't think we are eternal optomists but we've rationally thought over the pros and cons and think, 'nothing ventured, nothing gained'.

CarolineG & family
Old Apr 11th 2004, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Caroline G
You are not alone. We get asked exactly the same questions and are by the looks of your answers in the same boat as us.

You do get sick of people always raising the negatives. I don't think we are eternal optomists but we've rationally thought over the pros and cons and think, 'nothing ventured, nothing gained'.

CarolineG & family

my sentiments exactly

bet they wish they could do it

arlene
Old Apr 11th 2004, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

paddythepilot will become famous soon enoughpaddythepilot will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Caroline G

CarolineG & family
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you will find the majority of people in the UK who ask these questions are just trying to justify to themselves that they should not be going abroad.

If they were positive about your plans, you will find that either they are also planing to leave the UK, have left and returned, or think it would be a good idea but can't leave due to other pressing reasons.

Just ignore them and go for it!

Cheers
Old Apr 11th 2004, 7:52 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by paddythepilot
Just ignore them and go for it!
That's exactly what I'm doing
Originally posted by paddythepilot
If they were positive about your plans, you will find that either they are also planing to leave the UK, have left and returned, or think it would be a good idea but can't leave due to other pressing reasons.
I guess I'm lucky in that some of the people I would normally confide in anyway have been there / done that - including my boss who has been fantastic so far. The only surprise is that they came back to England....
Old Apr 11th 2004, 8:28 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wmoore
Same here.

do you know anybody out there (no)

But I don't care. I'm not doing it for their benefit and I'm certainly not mad (well, actually ..... !).

yes I agree, when I tell people, they say, "what!! Forever??? oh God, I couldnt do that, Why do you wanna go there? what does your mam and dad think?" and you can see them looking at you all funny, I feel like saying, "Get a life"......

mad isnt it?

laura
x
Old Apr 11th 2004, 8:42 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally posted by lauralollipop
yes I agree, when I tell people, they say, "what!! Forever??? oh God, I couldnt do that, Why do you wanna go there? what does your mam and dad think?" and you can see them looking at you all funny, I feel like saying, "Get a life"......

mad isnt it?

laura
x
My missus works in a shop and when people of come out with that sort of comment she's had to stop herself saying "get a life" (and worse) to customers.
Old Apr 11th 2004, 8:53 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wmoore
My missus works in a shop and when people of come out with that sort of comment she's had to stop herself saying "get a life" (and worse) to customers.

yes its very hard isnt it, she deserves a medal for holding her tounge so well!!! ha,ha!

have you had anymore news yet wayne?

laura

PS im off to Florida on Tuesday for 10 days...yipeee!!!
Old Apr 11th 2004, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

People here have asked me the same question and cannot believe that we would come out here and not know anyone. The most popular question is did you come out with a job to go too ?
Old Apr 11th 2004, 9:03 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally posted by lauralollipop
yes its very hard isnt it, she deserves a medal for holding her tounge so well!!! ha,ha!

have you had anymore news yet wayne?

laura

PS im off to Florida on Tuesday for 10 days...yipeee!!!
No not a sausage. Haven't even had acknowledgement yet from ACS, which is a bit of a worry. Although Alan or George (sorry, can't remember which) says that they are running about a week behind at the moment.

Wish I was going to Florida. You got a big suitcase Laura ?
Old Apr 11th 2004, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Anjali is an unknown quantity at this point

Totally agree,

People here ask us all the time the same question.
Why are you leaving?
Did you get a job there?
Is it not awfull to leave all the people behind etc
Old Apr 11th 2004, 9:07 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally posted by Carrianne
People here have asked me the same question and cannot believe that we would come out here and not know anyone. The most popular question is did you come out with a job to go too ?
I think - and here I am knocking Brits again - that people get programmed in to marriage - house - job - kids - retire - die and can't believe anybody who would dare to break the cycle. After answering that I haven't got a job to go to, I have had to pick a few jaws up off the floor!!
Originally posted by Anjali
That's the only major downside for me personally.

Last edited by wmoore; Apr 11th 2004 at 9:09 am.
Old Apr 11th 2004, 9:10 am
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

[
[/QUOTE]

No quite liberating actually
Old Apr 11th 2004, 9:13 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally posted by kentcoast
[
No quite liberating actually [/QUOTE]
Some of my friends are cricket-mad (never understood why ) so they are threatening to come out and invade the MCG for the next Ashes series. Hope so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.