Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

You know you're settling in when...

You know you're settling in when...

Old Jan 17th 2006, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

MrsMangle will become famous soon enough
Default You know you're settling in when...

...you no longer think its strange to see a child in a restaurant in pyjamas or in the city with no shoes

...you check the website for the Herald Sun more often than the BBC web page

...you say 'no worries' without having to say 'ahhh, I just said no worries!!!' and/or giggle afterwards...

...you start to think the Australian clothes shops are actually quite nice

....you can wear thongs from dawn to dusk and still be free from chaffing!
Old Jan 17th 2006, 9:22 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know you're settling in when...

.... you actually have to consult your calendar before making arrangements with any of your new friends!

Binbird
Old Jan 17th 2006, 9:24 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: You know you're settling in when...

You stop wearing 80s clothes and start wearing 21st Century fashions.