Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

You just never know .....

You just never know .....

Old Apr 2nd 2005, 1:31 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow You just never know .....

... when your number is up. I have just heard that my brother-in-law has had a heart attack - he is the same age as me, 35. He is a builder and works hard and is not overweight. He's only 35!!!!

So, if like me, anyone ever wonders occasionally if emigrating to Australia is a little bit "off the wall", dont!!! Seize the bloody day and live life to the full because you never know, do you ......???!!!!

Anyway, enough of that morbid stuff. Hopefully he will make a full recovery and come to visit us in Oz one day soon, eh?! Positive thinking, works for me!!

Life really is full of surprises - not always nice ones.

Last edited by Rooksie; Apr 2nd 2005 at 1:33 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 1:37 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You just never know .....

Originally Posted by Rooksie
... when your number is up. I have just heard that my brother-in-law has had a heart attack - he is the same age as me, 35. He is a builder and works hard and is not overweight. He's only 35!!!!

So, if like me, anyone ever wonders occasionally if emigrating to Australia is a little bit "off the wall", dont!!! Seize the bloody day and live life to the full because you never know, do you ......???!!!!

Anyway, enough of that morbid stuff. Hopefully he will make a full recovery and come to visit us in Oz one day soon, eh?! Positive thinking, works for me!!

Hope he is ok mate, it is true what they say you never know what is round the corner waiting to give you a kick in the teeth - so like you say sieze the day. Will try and send you karma when I get some more
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

crozz is on a distinguished road

hiya rooksie your right life is too short an old friend of mine 37 years old is going into hospital within the next few days to have an operation has hiss heart valve is ticking too slow its a case of if he dosent have it he could be dead within years.thats why you should grab all oppurtunities with both hands.i am going to australia thankful i have been given a chance make a damn good go of it and consider myself lucky to be in this position.crozz
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 2:35 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: You just never know .....

Hope all works out OK for your brother-in-law too. It happens to younger people more and more these days. I worked for a Pharmaceutical company (just lost my contracting job from there though) and this is on the increase at an alarming rate. For most people you can blame their lifestyle and especially their diet!

I was talking to one of the doctors from there and mentioned the film 'SuperSize Me' about the bloke that ate nothing but the big M's food for a month. Could have killed the bloke!

This company is putting so much money in to treatment for this and especially Diabetes as this is now on the increase too. He actually said that the bigger and unhealthier people get the more money our company will make.

He actually ended the conversation 'we love fat people'!

I think I had I better get out on my mountain bike a bit more before the medicals ! ! !

R.
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 2:38 pm
Adopt me????!!!!!

serdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud of

Life really is full of surprises - not always nice ones. [/QUOTE]

You just can't imagine. But I hope your brother-in-law makes a full recovery! And I hope he moves to Australia....I plan to...
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 2:47 pm
stuck in twilight

pike is on a distinguished road

Hope your brother inlaw makes a good recovery ,your absolutaly right you never know whats around the corner .
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 4:34 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Our thoughts are with you and your BIL best wishes Fraser and family
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 4:56 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Hope he is ok mate, it is true what they say you never know what is round the corner waiting to give you a kick in the teeth - so like you say sieze the day. Will try and send you karma when I get some more

Thanks matey ive been a total headcase all day - more than usual!!! very distracted
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Our thoughts are with you Rooksie.
If anyone thinks life is for living and dreams are for dreaming they're wrong, dreams are for living while you still can.
Marie
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fraser
Our thoughts are with you and your BIL best wishes Fraser and family

Cheers mate
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 4:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Carruss
Hope all works out OK for your brother-in-law too. It happens to younger people more and more these days. I worked for a Pharmaceutical company (just lost my contracting job from there though) and this is on the increase at an alarming rate. For most people you can blame their lifestyle and especially their diet!

I was talking to one of the doctors from there and mentioned the film 'SuperSize Me' about the bloke that ate nothing but the big M's food for a month. Could have killed the bloke!

This company is putting so much money in to treatment for this and especially Diabetes as this is now on the increase too. He actually said that the bigger and unhealthier people get the more money our company will make.

He actually ended the conversation 'we love fat people'!

I think I had I better get out on my mountain bike a bit more before the medicals ! ! !

R.
You know i have talked about joining gym for months and months - come Monday morning, Im THERE!!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you and your family and i really hope your brother in law gets over this soon so you can have a fab holiday together. Best of luck xx
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 8:53 pm
Professional Princess

Rooksie, I learned from my mum collapsing the other week, had it not happened to her, Doctors say she would have died for sure.

I know it doesnt seem it now, but your brother in law has had a warning. Doctors will find out why he had the heart attack, treat him and he will change his life.

People often get to a crisis point before things are diagnosed and treated.

And thank God they do, because if things are going to go wrong with the body, then its better to get a warning.

Your brother in laws life may change direction totally along with his outlook on life.

It will be different, but a new direction often means a new chance.

Love Sam

Old Apr 2nd 2005, 8:56 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: You just never know .....

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Rooksie, I learned from my mum collapsing the other week, had it not happened to her, Doctors say she would have died for sure.

I know it doesnt seem it now, but your brother in law has had a warning. Doctors will find out why he had the heart attack, treat him and he will change his life.

People often get to a crisis point before things are diagnosed and treated.

And thank God they do, because if things are going to go wrong with the body, then its better to get a warning.

Your brother in laws life may change direction totally along with his outlook on life.

It will be different, but a new direction often means a new chance.

Love Sam
Yup.....life.....it's only a one lap race....you've got to get the best out of it as you can.....NO REGRETS...
CORKER
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 9:13 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by CORKER
Yup.....life.....it's only a one lap race....you've got to get the best out of it as you can.....NO REGRETS...
CORKER

As I said to my mum in something I wrote for her

Sometimes second chances dont come around very often but when they do they can be a first chance to change your life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.