Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Are you guys ok in OZ?

Are you guys ok in OZ?

Old Oct 25th 2021, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Are you guys ok in OZ?

Just checking in because I keep seeing videos of people being rounded up for drinking coffee in a park (elderly couple) , Harrassed to check in even if you are in the shower for a covid check in....cops out of control...

I would appreciate some on the ground reporting- is it really that bad over there?
Old Oct 25th 2021, 9:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you guys ok in OZ?

Originally Posted by shelley748
Just checking in because I keep seeing videos of people being rounded up for drinking coffee in a park (elderly couple) , Harrassed to check in even if you are in the shower for a covid check in....cops out of control...

I would appreciate some on the ground reporting- is it really that bad over there?
Depends which place you are in. I can only talk in regards to Sydney. No rules here I can see other than Sydney, Blue Mountains, Central Coast and Wollongong aren't allown to travel further into the state until their vax rates come up.
Old Oct 26th 2021, 12:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Just checking in because I keep videos of people being rounded up for drinking coffee in a park (elderly couple) , Harrassed to check in even if you are in the shower for a covid check in....cops out of control...

Work with a lot of Queensland cops on a daily basis. We're all a bit jaded after so many months applying the rules, but they certainly aren't out of control. People crossing the NSW-QLD border illegally are the biggest issue, along with policing the numerous border passes, but its all done in a calm manner, rising to annoyance only when warranted, but I've not seen or heard anything out of order.

The "Harrassed to check in even if you are in the shower for a covid check in." would refer to the Home Quarantine app some STates are now using. It only gives you 10 minutes to confirm your location, so they can geo-verify you are at home. Its one reason I dare noit travel home yet, I would need to work while in Home Q and would be on night shifts - which basically means I would have to be awake 24/7 in order to not miss a check in!! Personally I think it is a bit too rigid, but it saves $4k in hotel fees.
Old Oct 26th 2021, 12:57 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Are you really concerned for Australia, or just looking for another place to push your 'Covid-19 was created by a shadow government in order to rule the world' conspiracy theory? Or maybe you just want to encourage us all to take Ivermectin, since you're such a fan of it. I guess we can be grateful that you didn't post one of your links here
Old Oct 26th 2021, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

Brisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond repute

After gardening was made illegal in New Zealand we used the underground railway to escape to Australia, they can take our petunias but they can't take our freedom!

I thought we were safe to indulge in our flat white habit here in Australia but how wrong could I be. Black market lattes are now traded for bit coin in parks under cover of darkness. Some have become rich on the back of Arabica trading, the wise invested their ill gotten gains in Ivermectin and ultraviolet shots. The poor unfortunate oppressed masses have had to rely on big pharma's micro-chipped gratis Spikevax and Pfizer and AZ, and now suffer odd tingling sensations when passing within a 500m radius of cell towers. Most of us can no longer use a microwave. No one eats Lite N Easy anymore. Its just too dangerous.

Showers have to be taken in rotation and group bathing has been outlawed. More affluent Aussies have purchased waterproof phones so they no longer have to drip naked across tiled floors when big brother calls, suffering the risk of injury. Daniel Andrews' accident was a salutatory lesson for all of us.

Its life Jim, but not as you know it.

Old Dec 21st 2021, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

rabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't be too concerned about this lot, they are loving every minute of it of being masked up and jabbed up.
Don't worry you'll have to get boosters every 3 months.
Old Dec 28th 2021, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Retirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond repute

Currently 4.5C and down the road in Braidwood it’s 2.2C. No we’re not alright, it’s meant to be summer!
Old Dec 28th 2021, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond repute

Come to Melbourne! Balmy 24C today with bright sunshine - it's summer here
Old Dec 28th 2021, 10:29 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwikaye
Come to Melbourne! Balmy 24C today with bright sunshine - it's summer here
And 30C where I am in SA (headed for 35 )

Overnight lows are in the teens as well - perfect
Old Dec 28th 2021, 11:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Was suppose to head up the NSW coast to hang out with some elderly but over the lead up to Xmas we had 3 different families visit and at least one person in each family got covid after. Pretty sure we aren't the source, no symptoms here and testing neg. Anyhow, tests this morning are again neg so I think we will get on the road, just as the sun is coming out. Back for the 4th test.