Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Are you a Ford Man Or a Holden Man

View Poll Results: Ford, Holden or Something else?
Ford
42.11%
Holden
15.79%
Anything but the above.
42.11%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Are you a Ford Man Or a Holden Man

Old Dec 27th 2003, 9:59 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Are you a Ford Man Or a Holden Man

Poll time.

There is a phrase here which is "you are either a Ford man or a Holden Man". Once the camp is decided the family will rarely buy the other make.

Personally I have heard too many horror stories about the 2 brands and stick clear of them. Sorry if you find the phrase sexist but that is the way it is said.
Old Dec 27th 2003, 10:07 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

FORD or HOLDEN - anything but "A BLOODY VOLVO DRIVER"! signed THE BLOKE:lecture:
Old Dec 27th 2003, 10:26 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are you a Ford Man Or a Holden Man

Originally posted by bondipom
Poll time.

There is a phrase here which is "you are either a Ford man or a Holden Man". Once the camp is decided the family will rarely buy the other make.

Personally I have heard too many horror stories about the 2 brands and stick clear of them. Sorry if you find the phrase sexist but that is the way it is said.
You got it. They are both utter crap. Buy a Honda.
Old Dec 27th 2003, 10:51 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm, when was the last time Honda won a V8 race.........
Old Dec 27th 2003, 10:54 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pollyana
Hmmmm, when was the last time Holden won a Formula One race........
Old Dec 27th 2003, 10:56 pm

Originally posted by Pollyana
Only in Oz are V8s the be all of racing. I guess the other brands do not want to cheapen themselves to be Bogon Mobiles.
Old Dec 27th 2003, 10:58 pm
Home and Happy

By the way I hope you lot realise that I'm just typing what I tells me - I still don't know whether its a Ford or a Holden until I get close enough to see the name on it!!!! (and no, I'm not blonde!)
Old Dec 28th 2003, 6:14 am

Australia's Best Cars

I do not know the independence of the site.
Old Dec 28th 2003, 10:48 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Poll time.

personally speaking i have to say i am a holden man reason being i`ve been driving a poor mans holden for 3 years(2.5 v6 omega)and can`t wait to take the step up(if i can afford to)
Old Dec 28th 2003, 12:16 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

They are both crap, especially Holden/Vauxhall/Opel. Buy a Toyota or Honda.
Old Dec 28th 2003, 12:19 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default buckets

Originally posted by Amazulu
They are both crap, especially Holden/Vauxhall/Opel. Buy a Toyota or Honda.
talking of buckets did i mention my other car is a volvo hee hee hee
Old Dec 28th 2003, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

evorobin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Florida_03
You got it. They are both utter crap. Buy a Honda.
Why?

They make dull cars for dull people that go slowly. Is that why you bought one btw?
Old Dec 28th 2003, 12:37 pm
Up The Arse!!

Originally posted by evorobin
Why?

They make dull cars for dull people that go slowly. Is that why you bought one btw?
having worked in a honda garage i can catorgorically state that not all honda drivers are members of the flat cap brigade,some women do drive them as well(not intended to be sexist ladies)
Old Dec 28th 2003, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

evorobin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by wengerboy
having worked in a honda garage i can catorgorically state that not all honda drivers are members of the flat cap brigade,some women do drive them as well(not intended to be sexist ladies)
They are FWD and even the faster (relative term) ones have a torque limiting device called v-tec...
Old Dec 28th 2003, 12:45 pm
Up The Arse!!

Originally posted by evorobin
They are FWD and even the faster (relative term) ones have a torque limiting device called v-tec...
wow i,m selling the volvo and taking the plunge!now where did i leave those tartan blankets

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.