Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

You can buy a campervan at Sydney Airport - true?

You can buy a campervan at Sydney Airport - true?

Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:35 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Red face You can buy a campervan at Sydney Airport - true?

Or is it a load of codswallop?

My mother in law has been told by someone at works daughter (still with me? ) that when you arrive in Sydney there is a car park underneath the airport (bear with me) and travellers buy and sell on their campervans there.

So this sounds a bit far fetched to me but am very interested if it's true.

Anyone any ideas?

Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

KayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud of
Default Re: You can buy a campervan at Sydney Airport - true?

I know of a carpark in Kings Cross Sydney where back packers buy and sell their cars/campervans.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:05 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KayC
I know of a carpark in Kings Cross Sydney where back packers buy and sell their cars/campervans.
Oh really - tell me more please

I thought this underground place at the airport sounded a bit unlikely
Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

KayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Clippies

From what I remember there is a big carpark - I think it is multistory and the bottom level basically has a load of backpackers buying and selling their cars. I think they end up being cheap as they do it just before they are going to leave Sydney.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:26 pm

From what I remember there is a big carpark - I think it is multistory and the bottom level basically has a load of backpackers buying and selling their cars. I think they end up being cheap as they do it just before they are going to leave Sydney.
Ooh I shall look into it thanks
Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:27 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

what are you doing?
campervan? Sydney?
tell me please
Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by gedge
what are you doing?
campervan? Sydney?
tell me please
Hello you! Where have you been!!!

Well we are thinking that we will fly in to somewhere and get a campervan then do a bit of a whistlestop travel for a month or so.

You know we've only been to Perth before and it's super expensive there now to buy a house so we thought we'd just explore a few more options before heading to Perth. So we're presuming we'll get our visa in about April/May and we think we're going to book flights for September.

Just don't know where to

Thought this campervan thing might be worth a go, what do you reckon?

How's your gorgeous boy?
Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ooh I shall look into it thanks
I think this might be it

www.carmarket.com.au
Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:38 pm

I think this might be it

www.carmarket.com.au
Ooh you star! That's brilliant thanks
Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:45 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Hello you! Where have you been!!!

Well we are thinking that we will fly in to somewhere and get a campervan then do a bit of a whistlestop travel for a month or so.

You know we've only been to Perth before and it's super expensive there now to buy a house so we thought we'd just explore a few more options before heading to Perth. So we're presuming we'll get our visa in about April/May and we think we're going to book flights for September.

Just don't know where to

Thought this campervan thing might be worth a go, what do you reckon?

How's your gorgeous boy?
o i c
great idea, i was looking at hiring campervans for some rellies who are staying with us, there are a couple of companies near the airport who do pick ups
think it was maui and apollo.

i don't know about this 2nd hand sales under the airport but if it's written about anywhere i'd look on the Thorn Tree forum on the Lonely Planet website

the boy is good, growing too fast, he still makes my day
here's a quick pic

Last edited by gedge; Jan 28th 2007 at 8:03 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by gedge
o i c
great idea, i was looking at hiring campervans for some rellies who are staying with us, there are a couple of companies near the airport who do pick ups
think it was maui and apollo.

i don't know about this 2nd hand sales under the airport but if it's written about anywhere i'd look on the Thorn Tree forum on the Lonely Planet website

the boy is good, growing too fast, he still makes my day
here's a quick pic
Well we thought we could keep the campervan then and anyone who comes to visit us can always use it to do a bit of travelling

I'll check out those links thanks chick.

Awww he's still gorgeous He's really growing too - bless him, what a super cutie
Old Jan 28th 2007, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute

Or is it a load of codswallop?

My mother in law has been told by someone at works daughter (still with me? ) that when you arrive in Sydney there is a car park underneath the airport (bear with me) and travellers buy and sell on their campervans there.

So this sounds a bit far fetched to me but am very interested if it's true.

Anyone any ideas?

Hi

Yes I believe it does exist in Kings Cross, I have just read a book about a backpacker and they go to an underground car park in search of a van - this place in Sydney is talked about in there!!!

It sounds like a good investment, we would like to see more of Australia, but with 3 kids staying in hotels can be v. expensive. This is perhaps something we should look at, we need to be more adventurous!!! Even considered camping, although we are not the outdoors type!!

Nikki
Old Jan 28th 2007, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Nikki
Hi

Yes I believe it does exist in Kings Cross, I have just read a book about a backpacker and they go to an underground car park in search of a van - this place in Sydney is talked about in there!!!

It sounds like a good investment, we would like to see more of Australia, but with 3 kids staying in hotels can be v. expensive. This is perhaps something we should look at, we need to be more adventurous!!! Even considered camping, although we are not the outdoors type!!

Nikki
Yes that link that was posted on here tells you all about it - looks really interesting!

What book did you read? I'm looking for some good books to read
Old Jan 28th 2007, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute

Yes that link that was posted on here tells you all about it - looks really interesting!

What book did you read? I'm looking for some good books to read
Didn't like to mention the title in case it put you off your trip.........., it was the Joanne Lees Story, they go to this place looking for their Kombi Van!!
Old Jan 28th 2007, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Nikki
Didn't like to mention the title in case it put you off your trip.........., it was the Joanne Lees Story, they go to this place looking for their Kombi Van!!
Oh god! Lol, hmm ok, erm right

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.