Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Yorkshire Puddings

Yorkshire Puddings

Old Nov 10th 2006, 12:03 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yorkshire Puddings

Originally Posted by flip
So how do you get home made to rise and be crunchy and not soggy or burnt. I'm a pretty good cook with most stuff but I just can't please my little darlings with this one. Still not going to pay for them though.
Use Jamie Olivers recipie,never fails for my hubby (the 'non' cook )

give me a shout if you need the recipie!

Donna.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 12:05 pm
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Just to add...leave the batter to sit for an hour before cooking (room temp)...make sure batter is thick, not runny...Delia Smith's recipe is best...www.deliaonline.com....
make sure when you leave it to sit you remove the spoon from the batter
i told delia that but she keeps forgetting
Old Nov 10th 2006, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tucs
make sure when you leave it to sit you remove the spoon from the batter
i told delia that but she keeps forgetting
Old Nov 10th 2006, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Thanks guys. Will be sure to attempt both Jamie and Delia over the next couple of Sundays - might let OH choose which first as he loves them both and by the way we're going to 15 Melbourne in December - anyone jealous? or are we just really really sad to be so excited?

For anyone who missed an earlier thread as you're clearly all so interested in catering by the number of helpful messages (or very very bored at the moment) thought I'd reintroduce this:

http://b3ta.com/features/howtopoachanegg/
Old Nov 10th 2006, 1:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madsad

Donna.
Use Jamie's recipe and the kids won't eat it.

(In the news today about the rapid fall, sadly, in take-up of healthy options in schools following Jamie's campaign to get rid of the junk food. The children keep saying they don't like, i.e. are not used to, healthy food. Some mothers in Yorkshire were even running a junk food service for one school passing burgers and so on through the railings to order from the kids).

OzTennis
Old Nov 10th 2006, 6:41 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Aunt Bessie's?

OzTennis
Oh hell please don't tell my hubby that he loves those bloody yorkshire puddings, what with that and there being a woolworths out there he won't even want to coem back to the UK to visit once we move lol

Jen
Old Nov 10th 2006, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of

Donna.
oh yes please... keen to try making our own.
cheers
Old Nov 10th 2006, 9:34 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Donna.
Go on then what's the rec for Yorshire Puds he never gave us it on 15 Melbourne?