yorkshire meet.

Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:01 pm
doncaster....to....perth

midds will become famous soon enough
Default yorkshire meet.

Hi all was wondering if anyone lived around the Thorne, Goole, scunthorpe, doncaster areas etc etc that would like to meet up?

We have passed our tra early last year and at the moment waiting to start the visa process. Not sure where we will end up, Adelaide, Perth or Brisbane. Never been to any and have no family or friends so will just go with the flow.

We are amanda (34) Mark (36) Jordan (12) and Bethany (8)
Old Jan 28th 2009, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

flowerfairyuk has a spectacular aura aboutflowerfairyuk has a spectacular aura aboutflowerfairyuk has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: yorkshire meet.

Hi - we are Helen (29) and Matthew (8) from North Yorkshire. We are going to Brisbane late April / Early May - just sorting out the house sale and a few loose ends and we shall be off!

I think we are a couple of hours away from you but if you decide on Brisbane and want a meet up perhaps we could meet in the middle somewhere?

We are starting to get excited now - had our visas since last August but kept getting delayed with one thing and another. What line of work are you in?

Good luck with everything!

Helen
Old Jan 29th 2009, 6:46 pm
doncaster....to....perth

midds will become famous soon enough

Hi Mark is a service engineer he works for Lansing Linde which is a forktruck firm

Not sure where we will end up, one day we want brisbane, the next adelaide etc etc. I suppose we end up where ever the job is due to the fact he wants to work for the same company.

You got a buyer for your house then?
Old Jan 29th 2009, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

flowerfairyuk has a spectacular aura aboutflowerfairyuk has a spectacular aura aboutflowerfairyuk has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: yorkshire meet.

Yeah the buyers said yesterday that they wanted the house so just got to go through the usual processes with that.

We couldn't decide where to go at first then I got a good job offer with a really good relocation deal which was a bit hard to turn down so it's off to Brisbane we shall go!

I have made the decision that we are going for 2 years to try it and if we don't like it then we shant have lost too much and we can view the whole thing as a working holiday and a bit of an adventure. Hoping the house sale shall only take 6-8 weeks then we are staying with a friend for a month before we go. I'm torn between feelings of excitement, guilt and outright terror at what I am doing, but if nothing else it shall be an experience.

Hope all goes well for you
Old Sep 10th 2009, 12:38 am
Just Joined

jonnyvegas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flowerfairyuk
Yeah the buyers said yesterday that they wanted the house so just got to go through the usual processes with that.

We couldn't decide where to go at first then I got a good job offer with a really good relocation deal which was a bit hard to turn down so it's off to Brisbane we shall go!

I have made the decision that we are going for 2 years to try it and if we don't like it then we shant have lost too much and we can view the whole thing as a working holiday and a bit of an adventure. Hoping the house sale shall only take 6-8 weeks then we are staying with a friend for a month before we go. I'm torn between feelings of excitement, guilt and outright terror at what I am doing, but if nothing else it shall be an experience.

Hi Helen, hope your move goes well...we are on the Gold Coast (5 months now) originally from Leeds...if you need to know anything or need a hand just shout.....it's as scary as but well worth the move....got to be better than Leeds!! Where in North Yorks are you from??
Jon & Lindsay (Mia 9 Ethan 7)
Old Sep 28th 2009, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Rachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud of

hi

I'm taking it you must be in Aus by now! Hope it all went well and you're settling in well, we're in the Bayside area (originally from Doncaster) If you're anywhere near and need any help or fancy a wine (or 2!) let me know.

Rachelle

Originally Posted by flowerfairyuk