Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Yorkshire Forum Members ?

Wikiposts

Yorkshire Forum Members ?

Old Apr 11th 2004, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

Copmanthorpe was a couple of miles from me, so we didn't really mix, our area went to either Ashfield (became 6th Form College) or Mill Mount/Nunthorpe (now Millthorpe). Now the kids go to Oaklands (in Acomb) or Millthorpe usually.

I know Leeman Road well and have spent many a drunken night negotiating the path back to my friends house from town! The pubs are good aren't they, there are even more now than there ever was, I'm sure! Now that's what I call a pub crawl! We were out on Saturday night, it was pretty quiet, but then we were in the real ale pubs! I don't go to Easingwold much although I do know it, but since the arrival of the by-pass it's no longer on my route back up north!

nice to talk to a Yorkie!

sandy
Old Apr 12th 2004, 9:56 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Spooky_uk
Time to bump this thread and try to see if the interest is still there!

Only received emails from a few people that were interested.

Anyway I am back from the dead - things have conspired to keep me off line recently including someone running into the back of my car giving me a nice case of whiplash, Telewest (Blueyonder broadband) access problems and various other disasters ! Hopefully all behind me now (fingers crossed )

So then, any takers ?
Hi Spooky - hope your whiplash is better!!

Still interested in a poss Yorkshire meet - seems there's quite a few more people from the area posted on here recently, and I reckon a meeting would be really useful (and fun).

All the best from Queensbury (up in the clouds) Bradford.

(p.s. Ian - I'll PM you soon mate )
Old Apr 13th 2004, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

Handyandy180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Yorkshire meeting

Originally posted by loose
Hi Spooky - hope your whiplash is better!!

Still interested in a poss Yorkshire meet - seems there's quite a few more people from the area posted on here recently, and I reckon a meeting would be really useful (and fun).

All the best from Queensbury (up in the clouds) Bradford.

(p.s. Ian - I'll PM you soon mate )
Hi Loose
Bradshaw calling !!!! Would be very interested in a meeting of fellow Yorkshire peeps.
Regards Chris and Andrea
Old Apr 14th 2004, 12:24 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Hi Chris and Andrea,

you're just down the road!! hopefully there'll be enough interest in a Yorkshore meet, if not we'll have a mini local one seen as we're about 5 mins apart.

Old Apr 14th 2004, 7:23 am

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Hi Guys,

Yep, I'm still interested in a Yorkshire meet.

The only thing is I'm up to my eyes in house selling and all the stuff that goes with it. I'll do my best to get there though - any ideas where yet?

Elaine M