Skin Crawling?

Old Apr 14th 2004, 3:56 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Skin Crawling?

I constantly feel like I've got beasties crawling on my arms! There are always ants around and I have long hair which drops out onto my arms but usually when I look down, there's nothing there.

Does anybody else get this? Its driving me mad!

Jane
Old Apr 14th 2004, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

wombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to all
Default yeah I had it

I am scared sh*tless of cockroaches and whenever i sleep if something tickles me i go into a frenzy of arm and leg waving. It drives my mrs nuts!

Once I atually did wake up with a roach on my arm. I went el spastico for a full 10 minutes!!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Apr 14th 2004, 4:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

My other half has a terrible fear of wasps (got bitten when he was a kid) and it's been a very dry summer here so all the wasps are out looking for water/food etc.

Must admit that there are more around than usual, and I shouldn't laugh when he goes into a funny little dance if they come near him as it must be terrifying for anyone with fears of bugs/spiders etc.

He's now resorted to keeping a tennis racquet nearby so that he can swat them at random.

Regards
Old Apr 14th 2004, 5:28 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jaykay
My other half has a terrible fear of wasps (got bitten when he was a kid) and it's been a very dry summer here so all the wasps are out looking for water/food etc.

Must admit that there are more around than usual, and I shouldn't laugh when he goes into a funny little dance if they come near him as it must be terrifying for anyone with fears of bugs/spiders etc.

He's now resorted to keeping a tennis racquet nearby so that he can swat them at random.

Regards
Thats another good thing about Queensland weather. Always plenty of flowers about to keep the wasps happy so they don't bother people.

Jane
Old Apr 14th 2004, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

wombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to all
Default yeah well

what do you do about roaches!?!?!?
I just baygon areas of the room (round the wall and crevices) to try and get them on their way through. Damn those things!!!
Old Apr 14th 2004, 6:28 am
Born to be ignored

Default Re: yeah well

Originally posted by wombatboy
I just baygon areas of the room (round the wall and crevices) to try and get them on their way through. Damn those things!!!
We had a few when we first moved here, so I contacted our rental agent and somebody came out and sprayed so we don't get so many now. I also have a thing plugged into the socket in our bedrooms. Thats supposed to keep roaches and spiders away. We've only had one roach in the bedroom and that was dead. It must have crossed over the spray.

We had one hanging on the screen door earlier in the week, which was a bit annoying as it stayed there all day! I had to make a mad dash everytime I went through the door. At least it was outside!

Jane
Old Apr 14th 2004, 6:31 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I find burning them with a lighter satisfying if not inneffective. Other than that find where they are living. The bastards can get in anything. Tight wooden spaces, warm electrical equipment and cupboard hinges. Once I find a home and kill them all off they disappear for a while.
Old Apr 14th 2004, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point

A colleague of mine just spent the weekend camping on Fraser Island in a tent........she got bitten on the nose by a rat when she was sleeping!

Steve
Old Apr 14th 2004, 7:23 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cookies
A colleague of mine just spent the weekend camping on Fraser Island in a tent........she got bitten on the nose by a rat when she was sleeping!

Steve
Lucky a dingo didnt come & bite her or rip the side out of her tent & destroy her esky :scared: .
Old Apr 14th 2004, 8:08 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

You need help:

Old Apr 14th 2004, 9:11 am
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice
Default Re: Skin Crawling?

Originally posted by JaneandJim
I constantly feel like I've got beasties crawling on my arms! There are always ants around and I have long hair which drops out onto my arms but usually when I look down, there's nothing there.

Jane

Sounds like your using bad quality smack

jib
Old Apr 14th 2004, 9:17 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Megalania
You need help:

Zenomorph...... goin on a bug hunt.....r u coming with me!!!!!

love boomie
xxxx
Old Apr 14th 2004, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of
Default Re: yeah well

Originally posted by wombatboy

I cooked something in the microwave and when I got it out a roach came wandering out (I didn't put it in there!!) Didn't eat the food either though! Also, in Perth we had a family of little ones living in our kettle. We had to boil it about 20 times before they stopped coming out (yes I know we should have bought a new kettle but we were completely broke by then!)
Old Apr 14th 2004, 1:39 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by JaneandJim

Jane
Jane
I know that this thread has wandered off into a discussion about creepie crawlies,but was your original post asking for an explanation of why you were feeling this sensation or was it light hearted?
If it was serious then your question has not been answered.
If you are actually feeling these sensations when there is nothing there then you need an explanation.
Best wishes

G
Old Apr 14th 2004, 2:16 pm
Born to be ignored

Originally posted by Grayling
Jane
I know that this thread has wandered off into a discussion about creepie crawlies,but was your original post asking for an explanation of why you were feeling this sensation or was it light hearted?
If it was serious then your question has not been answered.
If you are actually feeling these sensations when there is nothing there then you need an explanation.
Best wishes

G
You're right, it has gone off topic, but I have a feeling it might be psychosymatic (hell, I can't spell that word!) what with there being ants all over the place and other various beasties. Its only on my bare arms, so its not an allergy to washing powder or mineral deficiency. I was just wondering if anybody else had the same thing. It seems not! Jim has it too, but only when he's at home, not at work!

Jane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.