Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

yippee!! landed in brissie and no spider sightings yet!!

yippee!! landed in brissie and no spider sightings yet!!

Old Oct 27th 2006, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

liver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: yippee!! landed in brissie and no spider sightings yet!!

Originally Posted by Wendy
Welcome to Australia
cheers wendy , trying to keep eyes open but have found hte local 'liquor store!!" hic!!! and seen my first cockroach argh!! nearly trod on the damn thing outside, swore in front of my young daughter (bad mummy) and tried to leap on hubby's back!! :scared: swear to god it was the size of a small mouse!! urgh urgh urgh!!!
Old Oct 27th 2006, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

liver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
Hello and Welcome to Aus !!!

youve certainly been busy in the few hours youve been here !
busy and demented!
Old Oct 27th 2006, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ridds
Hi guys - welcome to brisvegas.

For clothes - esp if you are going to Indooroopilly - then do go to target (ground floor) as they've currently got 20% off, or else try Kmart (3rd floor) for cheap kids clothes.

We're also having a meet this weekend - 2pm at Roma St Parklands in the City on Sunday (29th) if you fancy coming along. Most people are meeting 2pm at the top of the escalators (near the activity centre) then moving on the celebration lawn for a picnic. There is a map here.

Feel free to PM me with your contact details if you want to chat / ask questions about anything!

Cheers
Alicia
brill ta! would love to come, what do we need to bring? computer on reserve battery power so going to conk out any minute!! ta for target tip, got some stuff from k mart for the girls this afternoon at toowong village centre! see you sunday!!
Old Oct 27th 2006, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Karen72
Hi, welcome to Oz!
kmart if good for cheap clothes too, we have a nearly 3 year old and between kmart and target he's pretty much kitted out.
there's lot sof places to eat and shop, but i say you've just got here, relax, have a beer and just take it all in.
I wish we'd known about the email with singapore air, they said that as we were having a stop over we couldn't have the extra allowance and charge us for 10k extra (even though we had 30k over) but it was still expensive, i'll pass on that tip on my site.
We've been here 4 months so just settling into things properly we live in bracken ridge on the north side.
Have fun. karen.x
bye and ta for that tip, love k mart ,love having new places to shop!! though weird not to buy wine from a supermarket!! and still can't pronounce indooroopilly!!
Old Oct 27th 2006, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
Welcome to brizzy....bet you can't wait for summer!!
think i will fry!
Old Oct 27th 2006, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Hi and welcome to Brisbane.

We've been here just over three months now and it seems as if we've been here much longer as we've done (and still are doing) so much. It'll be three months for you before you know it.
cheers will we see u at the meet on sunday?
Old Oct 27th 2006, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AussieFlyer
Lucky.

A friend of mine recently moved to Sydney and on the first week she found 2 spiders @ the apartment...

She found a Huntsman spider:

Google Image:

http://www.spiderzrule.com/spiderpho...sman241003.jpg

Nice hey?

The other one i cant remember.
oh you complete bugger!! and :scared: it came up really large on my computer!!! needed more wine for self to get over teh shock, god if I see anything like that I'm on the first plane back, already nearly stepped on my first cockroach ARGH :scared:
Old Oct 27th 2006, 12:06 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liver bird
cheers will we see u at the meet on sunday?
Sure will. See you there. You'll still be jetlagged wont you?
Old Oct 27th 2006, 6:42 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you ve arrived safely. Thanks for the info. All the best with your new life. Look forward to the next update.

Jx