Yes passport is lost!

Wikiposts

Yes passport is lost!

Old Aug 18th 2003, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

sully4441 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yes passport is lost!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tinaj
I have spent 5 days searching our rather rambling house for my missing passport and have decided to call it quits and order a replacement. I don't think it is in the house, maybe it has gone in the bin by mistake or someone has nicked it ( I have a suspect slightly dodgy Bulgarian lady who cleans our house, maybe she has sold it for 200 quid)

Anyway I am sick of worrying and spending time looking for it in the same old places. Believe me I have looked virtually everywhere-twice.

I have filled in for a replacement one online and now have to go through all the palava of applying for a new one, then trying to get a replacement visa stuck in it. I am going to contact Australia House and tell them it has been lost/stolen. Hopefully it won't be too much hassle.

The only good thing is my passport only had 2 years left on it. At least I will get a new one with the full ten years. I won't have to carry the visa around in the old passport as well.

Thanks for all of your support

A slightly saner Tina

Been there done that, we convinced ourselves and eventually the passport office that we had had a clear out (true) and must have burned them on the garden bonfire. Forgot what they were to replace, under £100 but still an expensive mistake. New passports arrived, went on holiday, Spain again, returned home and found them a few days later under number 3 childs bed! Apparantly had asked her to tidy room up and that was it, all under the bed. We cremated them that day,never felt so stupid. Bet you find them somewhere daft
LMS
Old Aug 18th 2003, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sully4441
....Bet you find them somewhere daft
LMS
Yeah......like in Tûrgovishte!
Old Aug 19th 2003, 5:26 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by Megalania
Salvia Divinorum? Missed that one. Will it help me kick me other habits?

CIA & Port Arthur? Well, its a long story and some of it still classified but it all started in 1492 when a Salvadorian butterfly, whos name remains suppressed to protect the innocent, took a shine to a member of the opposite sex. Apparently, the ardour of the love match resulted in much wing flapping and, according to chaos theorists who have studied this incident in great detail, resulted in a slight breeze in a Salvadorian gully which grew to become an updraught which grew into a tropical thunderstorm which changed the course of a tropical storm in the mid Atlantic which grew to become a Hurricane which resulted in favorable winds for one Chris Columbus who, at the point of turning back to Europe, hit the east Indies at a point since called the West Indies. Fast forwarding somewhat, the impoverished Brits became besotted by the gold the Spaniards were extracting from the subjugated Indians and wanted more of the good life. They arranged to have mobs of coockoo types emigrate to Uptopias said to exist just beyond the range of Brit logistical support in lots of places including one called Virginia. Well it was not too successful but the lust for the good life (gold actually) in Utopia became a fixation of the Utoparians who kept looking for it, expecting to find it soon, perhaps over the next hill in a place which they came to call America. Unfortunately, around this time, skeptics were returning the Britain disclaiming the notion of Upotia. Being a troublesome lot, they were put in charge of a new crop of Utoparians (later disparagingly called convicts) and shipped off to collect more flora specimens in a place called New Holland. Unfortunately, some of the new Uptoparians, dropped to the con (hence the derivation of the word convicts) and had to be sent to an even more remote Utopia called Port Arthur on the coast of Van Deimens Land (note the funny Dutch spelling) for a bit of flogging until they saw the light and folly of their ways. And the rest, including the CIA in Port Arthur, is as they say is history.
Not quite the reply I had in mind, but what can one do if one does'nt have a plausable answer?....make up a story. An amusing story nonetheless though!
Old Aug 19th 2003, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

http://geocities.com/vialls/portarthur2.html

cheers

richard