Yes!

Old Mar 5th 2006, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really nice
Default Yes!

Well I finally got the wife to agree to give it a go and start the migration process!

We're using Go Matilda to apply for a Skilled Independent (subclass 136) visa.

The only potential problem is that I turn 30 in June, so I need to get the application lodged by then, otherwise I will be short of points , but fingers crossed and all that.

I sent the ACS Skills assessment stuff to agent on Friday so hopefully the ball will start rolling.

All we need to do now is agree on a location, the wife likes the idea of Melbourne more than Sydney, but there appears to be more I.T. work in Sydney. Do I go to Melbourne and it will probably take longer to get a job or go to Sydney, hopefully get a job quicker (though spend more money with higher cost of living in comparison to Melbourne!!) give it a try and if don't like it then look to move down to Melbourne? Who knows!!!!!
Old Mar 5th 2006, 7:39 pm
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yes!

thats cutting it fine, it normally takes a few months for the ACS assessment.
Old Mar 5th 2006, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really nice

Originally Posted by rapitts
I know, bloody wife's fault for dragging her heals!

What can I do, just got to get everything to them ASAP and hope for the best.
Old Mar 5th 2006, 8:30 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rapitts
We got our ACS assessment done in 4 weeks, so Wigan Warrior don't despair, just start gathering all the info you need for the application and get cracking on filling the forms in!!!

Good luck with the process
Old Mar 5th 2006, 8:40 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wigan Warrior
Well I finally got the wife to agree to give it a go and start the migration process!

We're using Go Matilda to apply for a Skilled Independent (subclass 136) visa.

The only potential problem is that I turn 30 in June, so I need to get the application lodged by then, otherwise I will be short of points , but fingers crossed and all that.

I sent the ACS Skills assessment stuff to agent on Friday so hopefully the ball will start rolling.

All we need to do now is agree on a location, the wife likes the idea of Melbourne more than Sydney, but there appears to be more I.T. work in Sydney. Do I go to Melbourne and it will probably take longer to get a job or go to Sydney, hopefully get a job quicker (though spend more money with higher cost of living in comparison to Melbourne!!) give it a try and if don't like it then look to move down to Melbourne? Who knows!!!!!
good luck with your application.

I had a simelar problem, trying to get visa in before I'm 40 so's not to loose points. Things took longer than expected, getting references etc.. so skills assessment is only going off tomorrow and I'm 40 in 2 weeks time!
I've missed the boat there!