Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Yeah!! .. ......... we made it!

Yeah!! .. ......... we made it!

Old Jul 22nd 2005, 6:53 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Yeah!! .. ......... we made it!

Short but brief this'll be as me dollars are running out! ...lol

Ok, flights were fine, apartment is lovely, weather is crap! ...lol, but I hear it's gonna get better! altho to be honest it WAS lovely earlier and when we left Brissie airport and the sun was belting down, the other half said she was sold already! ... currently peeing down tho!

ALL family are zonked out, but as usual I am full of beans!

Drivers (ABC!) over here are ......... interesting! (is it legal in Oz to overtake on the inside ?!?! ...lol)

Dunno what else to say really, all very early but so far everyone we've met has been very friendly, and The Gold Coast seems VERY clean and tidy, just like Watford! ...... NOT! ...lol

Anyway, gonna go grab a few tins and chicken buger as there is a KFC round the back! ...lol

I'm gonna find out where the nearest Cybercafe is as I am on a lil desk on the Apartment now, not ideal, but it does the trick!

1 minute remaining!! .... better hit post!!

speak soon
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: Yeah!! .. ......... we made it!

All the very best of luck - and I look forward to eharing how you settle in.

SS
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 6:57 am
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jim2004

Ok, flights were fine, apartment is lovely, weather is crap! ...lol, but I hear it's gonna get better! altho to be honest it WAS lovely earlier and when we left Brissie airport and the sun was belting down, the other half said she was sold already! ... currently peeing down tho!

Drivers (ABC!) over here are ......... interesting! (is it legal in Oz to overtake on the inside ?!?! ...lol)

Dunno what else to say really, all very early but so far everyone we've met has been very friendly, and The Gold Coast seems VERY clean and tidy, just like Watford! ...... NOT! ...lol

Anyway, gonna go grab a few tins and chicken buger as there is a KFC round the back! ...lol

I'm gonna find out where the nearest Cybercafe is as I am on a lil desk on the Apartment now, not ideal, but it does the trick!

speak soon
Morning !
Really pleased that you all arrived safe and sound, hope the jet lag isn't too bad. Enjoy yourselves
Carole
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 6:59 am
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jim,

Great to hear someon'es made it!
I get palpitations just reading your post. I bet you feel scared, nervous excited all at the same time.

Good look mate - keep posting,

Linsey
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 7:02 am
ABCDiamond

Yes, it is !

It's cold aswell, i've been wearing a jumper for the last 2 days, well, at least for part of the days ! First time this year

Good luck with your stay

Old Jul 22nd 2005, 7:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Have a great holiday guys, but don't forget - you do have to come back. Staying doesn't get you visas
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 7:34 am
aussie73

speak soon
Its the middle of winter at the moment, it will get warmer in a couple of months.

Old Jul 22nd 2005, 7:52 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Enjoy
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 8:26 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

have a nice holiday and enjoy it....
keep us posted on Brisbane as we are heading there sometime in the near future

Take care and B Good lol

Ang
Old Jul 24th 2005, 10:52 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Staying doesn't get you visas
Awwwww! ....lol

Well to update, we've seen Surfers, had a breakfast out on the seafront which was lovely (nowt wrong with the sausages! ...lol), been to Woolworths to stock up on food, and we see the Hairdressing college yesterday, but being Sunday it was closed.

Biggest prob so far IS the jetlag is wiping the others out. They was all in bed at 2pm yesterday, and NEVER recovered! ...lol. Me tho, it aint hit me yet, but I guess that's my UK sleep pattern!

Weather has been quite cloudy so far, even see a lil rain, but today .....

WOW!! ....... sun was up at 6am (i think it was) and now it's a clear blue sky!

We had a lil drive around Ashmore & Southport yesterday, and I really wouldn't be lieing if I said we ALL don't want to come home! ...lol. Parks, fields, lovely houses and all the rest ........ heaven!

Hungry Jacks (think it's called!) ......... hmmm, Burger king?? ...lol

As the weather is soooo nice today, we're off soon to one of the theme parks, but not decided where yet.

I dunno, but this place IS soooo nice. People ARE so friendly, and it's "G'day mate" everywhere we go!

We hooked up with FloweroScotland (Lisa) and a few other Expat memebers which was really nice. Had a few drinks and pizza's and good ole chat about life on The Gold Coast.

Ok, still early, but I REALLY can't say anything negative yet! I'm sure sommit will pop up, but as I speak nowt!

Anyway, have to run, and will report as it happens.

Oh and I said I'd review the apartment upon return, and will, but it's just lovely Lookin over the water and seeing all those jetski's bombing up and down ...lol. Yesterday we went out armed with half a loaf of bread to feed the birds and Pelicans (think that's what they are! ...lol) but the Pelican's turned their nose up at our offering cos some bloke had returned on his lil boat with some freshly caught fish ...lol. He skinned them there and then and threw the waste to em, who want's bread I spose ...lol

Anyway, can't say how much we're loving it here, I really can't!

Time to go!

BBS

Last edited by Jim2004; Jul 24th 2005 at 11:36 pm.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 10:54 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to Oz Jim
good luck and rmbr to get as pissed as a fart tonight
Old Jul 24th 2005, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

How did I miss this thread
Great to hear that you arrived safely and are enjoying your time there.
Keep it up and let us know how you're getting on

Tracey
Old Jul 25th 2005, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

G'day M8!

Glad I found this post - you've made it - great!

Sound like you are really enjoying your first experiences of Australia as we did!Great feeling isn't it! So, you are going to one of the Theme Parks - you'll have some fun Our boys went to DREAMWORLD and loved it! We wanted to go to Wet'n'Wild but TOO cold in early June! Seaworld was awesome can't wait to go back! And Movieworld was OK - really brill for young kids.

Whichever you have chosen - hope you all have a fab day out!

Keep us posted - take care - enjoy yourselves

Gill
Old Jul 25th 2005, 2:02 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you brought your dress. Glad you've met up with all the Coasters that are fun to know. Enjoy your stay.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Just wanted to say Paul and his other half Nic are great, we had a really good night with them, and the only dissapointment was the weather, but I have to report that it's back to sunny and hot again the last 2 days, Paul if you read this I hope your having a great time, last I heard he was hitting the theme parks yesterday! remember if you have any problems or questions pick up the phone.

Lisa

Awwwww! ....lol

Well to update, we've seen Surfers, had a breakfast out on the seafront which was lovely (nowt wrong with the sausages! ...lol), been to Woolworths to stock up on food, and we see the Hairdressing college yesterday, but being Sunday it was closed.

Biggest prob so far IS the jetlag is wiping the others out. They was all in bed at 2pm yesterday, and NEVER recovered! ...lol. Me tho, it aint hit me yet, but I guess that's my UK sleep pattern!

Weather has been quite cloudy so far, even see a lil rain, but today .....

WOW!! ....... sun was up at 6am (i think it was) and now it's a clear blue sky!

We had a lil drive around Ashmore & Southport yesterday, and I really wouldn't be lieing if I said we ALL don't want to come home! ...lol. Parks, fields, lovely houses and all the rest ........ heaven!

Hungry Jacks (think it's called!) ......... hmmm, Burger king?? ...lol

As the weather is soooo nice today, we're off soon to one of the theme parks, but not decided where yet.

I dunno, but this place IS soooo nice. People ARE so friendly, and it's "G'day mate" everywhere we go!

We hooked up with FloweroScotland (Lisa) and a few other Expat memebers which was really nice. Had a few drinks and pizza's and good ole chat about life on The Gold Coast.

Ok, still early, but I REALLY can't say anything negative yet! I'm sure sommit will pop up, but as I speak nowt!

Anyway, have to run, and will report as it happens.

Oh and I said I'd review the apartment upon return, and will, but it's just lovely Lookin over the water and seeing all those jetski's bombing up and down ...lol. Yesterday we went out armed with half a loaf of bread to feed the birds and Pelicans (think that's what they are! ...lol) but the Pelican's turned their nose up at our offering cos some bloke had returned on his lil boat with some freshly caught fish ...lol. He skinned them there and then and threw the waste to em, who want's bread I spose ...lol

Anyway, can't say how much we're loving it here, I really can't!

Time to go!

BBS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.