Yatala

Old Jun 24th 2012, 12:10 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yatala

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Indeed a good pie shop! ...

Admittedly, first I ever had there was all pastry and no meat, but soon learnt it was a one off as had heaps of lovely pies from there since.

My son works there and says they sell 25,000 pies a week, and 10-15,000 on a Sunday alone! ...

Can't all be wrong!
Err, how many people drink VB or xxxx every week? Just sayin......
Old Jun 26th 2012, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of

I live in beenleigh which is right next door to Yatala. Beenleigh isn't a bad town got everything you will need, it's got a bit of a reputation, but I am told its cleaned itself up over the last ten years or so, even the last couple of years I have noticed a change. Windaroo and mount warren park are suburbs of beenleigh and are better areas. There is a train station for getting into the city and as others have told you it's half way to Brisbane and gold coast, but also close to tamborine mountain which is a nice mountain village.
If you have a job in Yatala you have lots of chioices of places to live, Yatala itself has minimal housing.
And on the pie side, stay away from Yatala pies, not the best.
Old Jun 26th 2012, 12:55 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sormesher
I live in beenleigh which is right next door to Yatala. Beenleigh isn't a bad town got everything you will need, it's got a bit of a reputation, but I am told its cleaned itself up over the last ten years or so, even the last couple of years I have noticed a change. Windaroo and mount warren park are suburbs of beenleigh and are better areas. There is a train station for getting into the city and as others have told you it's half way to Brisbane and gold coast, but also close to tamborine mountain which is a nice mountain village.
If you have a job in Yatala you have lots of chioices of places to live, Yatala itself has minimal housing.
I approve of this message

Beenleigh has a bad rep but there are some nice areas and it's very handy for the city or coast.
Old Jun 26th 2012, 2:32 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
Hello people

May have a job lined up in Yatala,QL.

Have no idea of the area.....opinions please if anyone knows that neck of the woods

Ta

Lee x
Hello stranger

Hope all's well with you.
We are also heading for Queensland later this year. Congrats on your job offer
Old Jun 27th 2012, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

It appears you've all forgot it has a brewerey on hand which supplies my favourite tipple

CUB Beers [8]
Beer ABV Available
Victoria Bitter 4.6% Tap, 250ml Bottles[citation needed], 375ml Bottles, 375ml Cans, 750ml Bottles[9]
Carlton Draught 4.6% Tap, 375ml Bottles, 375ml Cans, 750ml Bottles
Corona (distribution only) 4.6% Tap, 330ml Bottles
Melbourne Bitter 4.6% 375ml Bottles, 375ml Cans, 750ml Bottles
Carlton Cold 4.0% 375ml Bottles, 375ml Cans
Carlton Midstrength 3.5% Tap, 375ml Bottles, 375ml Cans
Carlton Black 4.4% Tap, 375ml Bottles
Crown Lager 4.9% Tap, 375ml Bottles, 700ml Bottles
Carlton Sterling 2.5% Tap, 375ml Bottles, 375ml Cans
Pure Blonde 4.6% Tap, 355ml Bottles, 375ml Cans
Sheaf Stout 5.7% 375ml Bottles, 750ml Bottles
Abbotsford Invalid Stout 5.2% 375ml Bottles
Crown Pilsner 5.4% 355ml Bottles
Reschs Pilsener (Sold in NSW only) 4.4% 355ml Bottles, 750ml Bottles
Old Jun 27th 2012, 9:40 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
It appears you've all forgot it has a brewerey on hand which supplies my favourite tipple
I hear they do tours of the place if interested.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

I hear they do tours of the place if interested.
Its like the xxxx one in Brissy mate .....on the bucket list lol Would ideally like to do an old fashioned English Brewery where you get 2-3 hrs of FREE drink after the tour (well at least the ones we went to provided that) but alas that's not gonna happen here in Oz i fear
Old Jun 27th 2012, 10:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Its like the xxxx one in Brissy mate .....on the bucket list lol Would ideally like to do an old fashioned English Brewery where you get 2-3 hrs of FREE drink after the tour (well at least the ones we went to provided that) but alas that's not gonna happen here in Oz i fear
Only get four free pots included in the price of the XXXX tour I think.

MT Brewery on Mt Tamborine has a set price food and drink night coming up:

http://www.mtbeer.com/pdf/MTBeer_Poster(Web).pdf
Old Jun 27th 2012, 11:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DeadVim

Beenleigh has a bad rep but there are some nice areas and it's very handy for the city or coast.

I approve of this message ...

Beenleigh DOES get bad rep as you say, and it's 5 mins up the Beenleigh Beaudesert from me to the centre, but we love living here. Beenleigh has all the major stores, all the banks, QLD Transport, Medicare, can park everywhere easy enough, train station, oh everything we need is 'handy', and I've drove through it late on a Saturday night too, but am yet to see any agg! Admittedly locals tell me 10 - 15 year ago it was a diff story, but these days it's fine from what we all see!

I have the best of both worlds as my suburb (Bahrs Scrub) is mostly acreage (not that I am on), and I back onto hectares and hectares of bushland. We get all the wildlife and privacy in the garden, cows grazing and several horses in a field - 1 min away, yet Woolies, Coles, Supercheap, BigW, Dick Smith, oh all of em are only 5 mins up the road. Oh and if I want KFC or a McShit burger, they're 5 away too! Decent tavern, doctors, petrol station, garden centre, all 2 mins! Wedding chapel - 2 mins. IGA, Vet, Chinese, Fish & Chippy, Bottle shop - 2 mins. High school - 1 min, Primary school - 3 mins. Not relevant to me, but others for sure. My youngest see out grade 12 there and seemed to do ok.

As I say, we love it here and are VERY happy ...

Being kinda in the middle of Brissie and the Goldie, it's handy for both obv, and I can be on the M1 in 5 mins with a green light, 6 if it's red. We lived in Upper Coomera, Coomera Waters, Norfolk Village in Ormeau, then Upper Coomera again before buying here. There's a little development goin on near me (about 10/12 plots + a 14 townhouse block), but far enough away to be any kinda issue. 3,072M block for $270k for sale at the end of my street. One of me mates who lives in Melbourne would love to buy it, as it backs onto a creek where he fished every morn when he was here!

Oh and Yatala pies is about 10 mins away, and I still say they do a great pie! ...
Old Jun 27th 2012, 11:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by fish.01
Only get four free pots included in the price of the XXXX tour I think.

MT Brewery on Mt Tamborine has a set price food and drink night coming up:

http://www.mtbeer.com/pdf/MTBeer_Poster(Web).pdf
Not often you see a food and drinks package for $55 There's also a day out at Ipswich turf club the day before that on 20th July where entry to course, racecard,food and drink from 12 -5 is only $60 run by ipswich crimestoppers.Great day out last year although sitting next to PC PLOD and all his mates puts a bit of a dampener on the frivolities at times
Old Jun 30th 2012, 10:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bcworld
Don't eat the pies...as mentioned, they're rank!
Originally Posted by Shenni
I hope they have improved since I last ate there as the pie I got was a shocker
Originally Posted by sormesher

Sooooooooo struggling to eat this now ...

Old Jul 1st 2012, 1:10 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Sooooooooo struggling to eat this now ...

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...s/IMG_3704.jpg

Yup...pastry looks pale & limp like I remember it!
Old Jul 1st 2012, 3:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bcworld
Yup...pastry looks pale & limp like I remember it!
Yeah terrible so it was. I keep saying it, but never again!
Old Jul 1st 2012, 8:51 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

It's not all bad, I drove through the other day, some nice places.
We passed through Eagleby and saw a banner on a house window "Happy 30th Birthday...Nana"
Old Jul 1st 2012, 8:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by cresta57
It's not all bad, I drove through the other day, some nice places.
We passed through Eagleby and saw a banner on a house window "Happy 30th Birthday...Nana"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.