hi there would value anyones opionions on yanchep in perth
ie;nice area
good enviroment
up and coming
or downhill etc
many thanks
Old May 13th 2005, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all
Default Re: yanchep!! perth

prices are shooting up there. New Capricorn land sales release out soon.

Great lagoon, I love it up there

Still classed as a bit far out but in 2 years it'll almost all be joined up.

Diane
Old May 13th 2005, 7:11 am
up the boro!

denhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant future

yes yanchep is miles out of perth, if you can still class it as being in perth. next places like rockingham will be a suburb of perth. when will this suburban sprall end????
Old May 13th 2005, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

expressos is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DianeOZ
prices are shooting up there. New Capricorn land sales release out soon.

Great lagoon, I love it up there

Still classed as a bit far out but in 2 years it'll almost all be joined up.

Diane
yes i think its lovely to
just wondered thou what it would be like to actually live there!!!!

what kind of community it has
young or oldies?
Old May 13th 2005, 2:07 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

It's so funny that it's practically classed as Perth!(or not funny, whichever way you look at it! )
It used to be(and still is a bit), a weekend destination for Perthites!! lol!

My (not very well educated) opinion:
I think prices will keep going up.
I guess a nice spot, but not many aminities(yet), and quite far out.
Depends what jobs you do, and how far you want to drive.
Not sure if there are even schools up there! Probably a primary school I guess....?

Old May 14th 2005, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Did a week or so's relief teaching in the high school. Staff and kids are generally good people. It definitely feels like you're out in the sticks though - kids tend to be long-haired/dreadlocked, bleached blond, a little grubby and talk about surfing and dirt-biking. I mean that in a complimentary way, of course!
YFitz's hubby
Old May 14th 2005, 3:08 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

We have friends living up there, they love it and wouldn't move closer to the city. They love have the ocean on their doorstep.

The prices of land have rocketed over the last 6 months or so and will continue to rise.

The freeway and Marmion are both predicted to reach there within the next few years, so it will be a commutable distance from Perth city. Eventually I should imagine the rail line will get there too.

The lagoon and fishermans hollw are totally beautiful and where we spent Xmas morning this year. It's so safe for the kids up there.

There is a child care centre, and schools too...which are all o.k.

There is a club up there too where all the locals meet up for a beer. I envisaged this to be somewhat "string-vest" and beer belly type nights...not the case according to our friends. They reckons it's o.k.
Old May 14th 2005, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

I love Yanchep, but its a bit too far out for a family. Gorgeous scenary though and good prices for homes. I wonder if the kids bus in to school?