Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Xmas Day Flights

Xmas Day Flights

Old Oct 14th 2008, 2:49 pm
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of
Default Xmas Day Flights

Are these generally as busy/busier as other flights? And is anyone taking one this year?
Old Oct 14th 2008, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice
Default Re: Xmas Day Flights

Have flown three christmas's out of the last five. Because of cost. The last one we flew singapore air christmas eve morn and arrived christmas day night. a singapore flight. This was the best for timing because we had some christmas day in Oz. Actually the kids jumped straight in the pool.

It tends to be as busy as a average flight but not as busy as the last cheap flights in Dec.

NB. if you have children you can

a) organise a special early delivery and have christmas day early. works if you want to keep uk family happy.

b)organise his supersonic sleigh to deliver to plane. air hostesses are quite good at helping with this line.

c) organise him to del. to oz instead.

all have worked successfully.

Hope this helps
Old Oct 14th 2008, 3:25 pm

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by flodsfive
Have flown three christmas's out of the last five. Because of cost. The last one we flew singapore air christmas eve morn and arrived christmas day night. a singapore flight. This was the best for timing because we had some christmas day in Oz. Actually the kids jumped straight in the pool.

It tends to be as busy as a average flight but not as busy as the last cheap flights in Dec.

NB. if you have children you can

a) organise a special early delivery and have christmas day early. works if you want to keep uk family happy.

b)organise his supersonic sleigh to deliver to plane. air hostesses are quite good at helping with this line.

c) organise him to del. to oz instead.

all have worked successfully.

Hope this helps
He has a supersonic sleigh? I'll get him to delvier mine then, thanks for the info.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice

Apparently he only uses it for children who fly on christmas day
Old Oct 14th 2008, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

jacm will become famous soon enoughjacm will become famous soon enough

We are flying with Emirates on xmas afternoon from Manchester on our validation trip... guess he will have already visited our house with the childrens presents earlier in the morning though!!!
Old Oct 15th 2008, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by flodsfive
Apparently he only uses it for children who fly on christmas day
Shit
Old Oct 15th 2008, 11:36 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

The first time we came to Sydney (when we lived in the UK) we set off on Christmas Eve and landed early on Boxing Day. Completely skipped Christmas Day - perfect.

We flew via Frankfurt, which is not a great place to be on Christmas Eve (i.e., it was closed), and got on the 2nd plane just before midnight. That leg was fun; good atmosphere and plenty of drinking.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

sciencemonitor is an unknown quantity at this point

We flew Christmas Day last year with Etihad - LHR --> SYD - because many of the passengers were Middle Eastern, there was no celebration, which was refreshing, as our kids didn't then get upset. Also the flight was quiet, we had spare seats next to us which was great for the little ones to spread out and sleep on. We had Christmas Day the weekend before. Worked well.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 10:24 am
SNH
BE Enthusiast

SNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud of

I once flew Heathrow to Colombo on Christmas Eve and then Colombo to Bangalore on Christmas Day.

It was actually not all that different in the air. We got a 'Merry Christmas' announcement mid-flight to Sri Lanka, and we had chocolate and marzipan Christmas-themed desserts.

We spent most of Christmas Day waiting in the airport in Sri Lanka, and the place was completely dead. Most things in the airport were shut.

I have a friend who flew from Heathrow to Melbourne over New Years Eve/New Years Day. For some reason she thought it would be a lot of fun - I have no idea when two long haul flights in a row are ever fun. She said it was fine though - everybody was in high spirits, and it wasn't too crowded.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 10:28 am
SNH
BE Enthusiast

SNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud of

Hmmm,

I find it very sad everyone is so happy to miss Christmas.

I've had two Christmas Days every year my whole life - being Ukrainian Catholic we have two completely different celebrations. English-style Christmas in December, and Ukrainian Christmas in January.

I love Christmas.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by SNH
Hmmm,

I've had two Christmas Days every year my whole life - being Ukrainian Catholic we have two completely different celebrations. English-style Christmas in December, and Ukrainian Christmas in January.

I love Christmas.
Its a time for family and those with faith really. My family are scattered all over the place and wans't much to shout about when I was a kid so it doesn't have the same meaning to me.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 10:43 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SNH
Hmmm,

I love Christmas.
Ours was a very last minute decision to fly back to the UK and Christmas day was all that was available to us from Adelaide. We have no family here and don't fly 'til late morning and will have been up since 4 with the kids anyway.:curse: Our children get to enjoy waking up and opening their presents and then we head for the airport excited in the knowledge that we will spend a second Christmas with family and friends back in the UK. Albeit freezing our arses off. Our family are spread all over the UK so Christmas is traditionally a time spent travelling here, there and everywhere. But this time we're just clocking up a few extra miles.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 10:47 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot to add, for us there was definitely no financial incentive as 5 return flights have cost us over $13000!:curse:
Old Nov 7th 2008, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by rosscov1970
Forgot to add, for us there was definitely no financial incentive as 5 return flights have cost us over $13000!:curse:
Ouch!
Old Nov 7th 2008, 10:52 am
locked in the attic

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Ouch!
yes, don't expect a present from me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.