Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Xbox in hand luggage??

Xbox in hand luggage??

Old Dec 9th 2007, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Xbox in hand luggage??

Thought about letting son take the Xbox in his back pack but with all the new airport security is this a good idea?

Mandy
Old Dec 9th 2007, 12:16 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Xbox in hand luggage??

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
Thought about letting son take the Xbox in his back pack but with all the new airport security is this a good idea?

Mandy
I would have thought the Xbox would be treated the same as a laptop? I assume you'd have to take it out of the bag to be x-rayed separately, but providing the weight and the dimensions of the bag are correct, there shouldn't be a problem.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
I would have thought the Xbox would be treated the same as a laptop? I assume you'd have to take it out of the bag to be x-rayed separately, but providing the weight and the dimensions of the bag are correct, there shouldn't be a problem.
This is what we are planing to do to, dont see a problem with having it as hand luggage.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 1:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
If you are coming out after January, keep your eye on the BAA luggage restrictions too, as many of the hand luggage stuff is due to be relaxed then ( where's the smilie for dancing around and being really happy!!)
Check before you fly
Old Dec 9th 2007, 3:14 pm
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

I've always carried my electricals in my backpack when travelling to Aus.
Laptop, PDA, Portable Hard Drives, Camera's + all the chargers and cables etc.

I'd imagine you'll be fine - but as said, just be prepared to have to get it out and put in a separate tray for xraying at customs.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

That's good news then, mind you I hope he can take both his xbox and his guitar Knowing my son he'd rather take these and dump his clothes!

Mandy
Old Dec 9th 2007, 9:07 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

We recently flew from AKL to Brisbane and my son took his 360 in his flight bag, just had to take it out for the xray machine - just as I had to for my laptop, no problem at all.

We also took an electric guitar in a hard sided case as hold luggage - we got it wrapped at the airport for a small charge, took it to check-in where it was ticketed and then included in the fragile/oversized baggage. This meant it was handled seperately to the rest of the luggage and placed in a pick up area on arrival rather, than just chucked on the carousel with the rest of the bags.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Space-bunny will become famous soon enough

When I came over in 2005 we had the xbox in my b/f suitcase and the game cube in mine. Just with clothing for padding. B/f bag got opened at customs but no questions asked bout xbox. Dont worry about it.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

confuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really nice

We are taking our laptops and external hard drive and dont anticipate an issue. My only concern was taking my bible to Dubai (no laughing! my grandad gave it to me before he died and having never been to UAE i wasnt sure if i could take it.)
Old Dec 15th 2007, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

chrisk8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Flew to Adelaide three weeks ago with a PS2, Nintendo Wii and three laptops spread across five 'carry-on' bags - laptops had to be removed to and passed through x-ray separtately but PS2 and Wii were no issues at all.

So you should have no problems.

Chris
Old Dec 15th 2007, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute

do youself a favour mate bung it the skip they are far better things to do here than fiddle with your thumbs in front of the tv (whoops may have been doing that last night but thats another story)
no really bung it
Old Dec 15th 2007, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

gidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rodandhayley
do youself a favour mate bung it the skip they are far better things to do here than fiddle with your thumbs in front of the tv (whoops may have been doing that last night but thats another story)
no really bung it
We travelled to Melbourne from Ireland through Uk (Heathrow) and Sinagpore. Arrived in Australia yesterday. Bought my sons Xbox all the way in my hand luggage. No problem at any stage. Was asked to open my bag in Heathrow but was no an issue.