XBox (DVD)

Old Oct 31st 2002, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

shamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default XBox (DVD)

I just bought the DVD add on for my XBox (in Scotland), can anyone tell me if it will still work when I arrive in Australia? Also will my DVDs still work on Australian DVD players?

Cheers
Old Oct 31st 2002, 8:04 pm
Hippy chick

Elspeth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: XBox (DVD)

Originally posted by shamer
I just bought the DVD add on for my XBox (in Scotland), can anyone tell me if it will still work when I arrive in Australia? Also will my DVDs still work on Australian DVD players?

Cheers
YOu will need to get a new connection for the xbox to link to the power supply here, they use a diff shaped plug and as far as i know DVD's still work, but not 100% sure, altho standard Vids are the same
Old Oct 31st 2002, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

stay or go ? is an unknown quantity at this point

DVD bought in the UK will work, some DVD bought in Australia will work, most wont.

pick up a cheap DVD player in oz and have it chipped for world dvd playing.
Old Nov 1st 2002, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

shamer is an unknown quantity at this point

Groovy, thanks chaps

shamer
Old Nov 4th 2002, 1:04 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: XBox (DVD)

Originally posted by shamer

Cheers
When you get to Aus, look at the omni range of Dvd players, they start at around $179.... most of these are multi region (will play all zones of dvd disks).. so they will play uk dvd's (region 2) and Aus dvd's (region 4).. plus the other zones like US (region 1), plus will play vcd's, svcd's etc, etc. I'm quoting omni because that's what I own, plays anything.. no zoning. Other machines you can hack them.. there are whole sites dedicated to this/ web boards... telling you how to do it.

so if you want to bring your own dvd player with you.. try searching the net for hacks to de-code the zoning. (unless the player you own already is multi... check your instruction book).. the chip in your player can be hacked, to get rid of the zoning... to make it multi region (you can do it yourself instead of taking it into a shop... you don't add a chip.. you hack the thing you've already got ). There are loads of sites out there for lots of the brands ( also try searching on" DVD hackz" besides "hacks")You might find one for your brand of player.. most of the big brands.. there are hacks for them. Forget paying money for some shop to it.. waste of money...do it yourself if you can find the hack for your brand/model of player

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Nov 4th 2002 at 4:43 pm.