Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

wyndham vale melbourne info

wyndham vale melbourne info

Old Nov 11th 2006, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

ex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really nice
Default wyndham vale melbourne info

Hi I have jumped forums as I am normally on the NZ forum but I need some info on Wyndham Vale .We are brits who moved to NZ 3 years ago but we are thinking of giving OZ a try .Any way we have seen some house and land packages which seem pretty cheap compared to what they cost in NZ and they are in Wyndham Vale.Does any one from this forum live in that area or know what its like there?
Thanks Linda
Old Nov 11th 2006, 8:04 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wyndham vale melbourne info

Originally Posted by ex geordie
Hi I have jumped forums as I am normally on the NZ forum but I need some info on Wyndham Vale .We are brits who moved to NZ 3 years ago but we are thinking of giving OZ a try .Any way we have seen some house and land packages which seem pretty cheap compared to what they cost in NZ and they are in Wyndham Vale.Does any one from this forum live in that area or know what its like there?
Thanks Linda
Hi Linda

(I'm from the Mount). It is just north of Werribee so see threads/posts on this area it has had a lot of publicity recently over the phone video of a pack rape of a school girl.

It is also near Point Cook (the west side of Melbourne) so some posters from that side can give you a better idea - I live on the east so not too much help I'm afraid. Think me mate Fraser and Teilko will be more informative.

Kiwi
Old Nov 11th 2006, 10:49 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Linda
Well Point Cook we thought was very nice when we went to have a look round back in March we will probably be moving there as hubby's job geographically easy to get to from Point Cook lol.
The area seemed nice, mostly new, new shopping centre's, Greg Norman's Sanctuary Lakes where you can also buy or build a house? the schools all seemed really good and were very helpful, the kids might even be able to have some contact with students in their classes before we move depending on time of year we expect to go out there. It seems like an up and coming area though my east side Aussie pal tells me she thinks it's baron looking - I guess it is a bit compared to the west.
But I was told Huntsmen like trees and there are less trees for them to sit in on the west side lolllll

Jen
Old Nov 12th 2006, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

ex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really nice

Think we might take a flight over to have a look around the area as we have some air miles to use up.Whats it like to live in Melbourne ?We are living in the Bay of Plenty NZ its a nice place to live but my hubbie used to do metal detecting in the UK and he fancys OZ for the gold hunting.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 5:15 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Think we might take a flight over to have a look around the area as we have some air miles to use up.Whats it like to live in Melbourne ?We are living in the Bay of Plenty NZ its a nice place to live but my hubbie used to do metal detecting in the UK and he fancys OZ for the gold hunting.
Will you be in Tauranga over the xmas break?

We are over there for first family xmas in 15 years.

Fancy a met up to sink a few Newcastle Ales???

Kiwi
Old Nov 12th 2006, 7:04 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JenJen
But I was told Huntsmen like trees and there are less trees for them to sit in on the west side lolllll

Jen

Yes but a lot more snakes. :scared:
Old Nov 12th 2006, 7:07 am
Melbourne Australia

Originally Posted by Bordy
Yes but a lot more snakes. :scared:
Animal life or individuals?

Think car salesmen, estate agents
Old Nov 12th 2006, 7:09 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of pictures taken from Werribee today, near a winery .

There was a polo game going on in the mansion and loads of champagne being drunk, we stumbled upon it and was the last thing we expected to see.
Attached Thumbnails wyndham vale melbourne info-picture-002.jpg   wyndham vale melbourne info-picture-003.jpg  

Last edited by fraser; Nov 12th 2006 at 7:19 am.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 6:15 am
Just Joined

WyndhamMummy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Linda
Are you still looking for Wyndham Vale info? We're currently renting there and having a house built but don't want to bang on about how great it is if you've already decided against it?